Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
lovemyhedgie

So Hungry!!!!

Hi everyone! I started WW (again) this week and I know it's always tough in the beginning, but WOW. I am RAVENOUS!! I am a big eater by nature, and while I don't necessarily eat "bad" foods, I eat a LOT. In other words, my portions were out of control. It is for this very reason that I chose the FLEX plan. (I'd pig out too much on Core without some restrictions...).

I am only alllowed 22 points per day. 22 points! I seriously could eat that in ONE SITTING. I know about crafty ways to "get as much bang for your buck" in terms of points but it seems like never enough. I eat a little 1-2 point snack in between meals to try and ward off hunger, but I still feel like I'm starving. One thing I admit to not doing as much as I should is drinking enough water.

Please say it gets easier! I've heard that your stomach will eventually shrink and that you get used to not eating as much. I hope this is the case because I have given new meaning to the word cranky this week, and by the time I get home from work, I'm ready to eat my own arm. THanks for any advice and/or encouragement! :bcb_bigsm

weight.png

:bcb_bravo

Guest kellyreed

I feel for you. I am new...haven't even started yet due to cravings, but it will get better after about 2 weeks. Alot of people say 3 days, but I find that untrue for me. Stick with it 2 weeks and your set. Good luck.

What kind of foods are you eating? Try to snack on veggies when you are hungry. I often steam a whole bag of veggies, season, and spray on a little spray butter and wa-la 0 points and very filling! You really should not be hungry when there are so many low point foods to eat throughout the day. There are a lot of soups you can make too to keep on hand that are filling. Let us know what you are eating so we can try to help more.

I usually eat a package of lower-sugar oatmeal for breakfast (sometimes with a banana). For lunch - today was a veggie delite from Subway. Yesterday was a pre-measured meal left-over from dinner: whole wheat spaghetti w/sauce and ground turkey. For snacks: Pria bar, 100 cal. snack packs, or fruit. I do have some baby carrots I need to bring into work with me too.

I try to leave as many points as I can for dinner and the evening because that's when the hunger is the worst. Veggie-burgers (1 pt) are great, with 1 point cheese and 1 point bun (I can have 3 of them if I save those points!) with free veggies. I'm all about VOLUME!!

I'm just not used to eating veggies :bcb_yuck:when I'm so hungry. I'm also a big carboholic - I want bread, cookies, cake, etc. It's not that I don't like veggies - but when I'm that hungry, I want "the good stuff". :bcb_grin I think it's just retraining your mind.

weight.png

With 5 of your 35 WPa's and a 1/2 hour of exercise you are able to eat 29 points.

Add some protein with those points and get plenty of water..

We are not big eaters by nature. It's takes practice. Fortunately practice is what it takes to create new habits, too.

You are winning

Keep going:salut

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

use the garden soup recipe it is 0 pts and it fills you up. Hang in there it gets better after those first couple of weeks.

Jo

jo

weight.png

I am having the same trouble..day 2 and i am on core...i`ve been though these reindeer games before..i know it will pass.Do not under estimate the power of a teaspoon of peanut butter...stuff celery..it really holds you over!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

All the previous suggestions are very good and one thing I would highly recommend is getting in your water...thirst will mimic hunger...this could be why you want to eat so much, your body may be trying to tell you that it's thirsty.

Drinking your water will also help your body flush out the fat and help your weight loss.

Here's a good article for some suggestions on how to get in your daily water intake water .

Hope that helps! :bcb_up

5'3"

HW: 179

CW: 148.0

WWG: 132

PGW: 127

Selena :)

To me it sounds like not enough protein at meals, and not enough "bulk"--I too am a volume eater! Take a whole head of cauliflower and steam until soft--mash it like a potato, add some Molly Mc Butter sprinkles--eat the whole thing for 0 points along side something with good quallity protein. Don't be afraid of lean beef--very satisfying. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated. Or stuff with sundried tomates, a bit of goat cheese, a chopped green onion, roll in a little mayo then bread crumbs. Bake at 375-400 for 30 mins--6 Points and delish (4 servings)

Get a WW magazine or Cooking Light, or WW cookbook.

You can and will do this!!!! :salut

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

I love carbs too.... sometimes I take the 40 calorie bread for half a point, toast it and spray a little spray butter on it and that seems to satisfy my carb craving...

Oh yeah--kudos to you for coming here before you went off the ledge--this is the place for support!!!

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

the power of peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread and a cup of hot tea...or coffee...lasts for awhile, long enough for the allure of your arm to wear off, and keep you from biting off the heads of those you love...

good luck...

Marie

SW 148 (Feb 91)

Lifetime July 91 @ 125 :)

SW (again) 147 :confused: August 1997

(after Nick, Chris and Madison were

born )

Reached goal 128 :) January 1998

SW (this time) 148.8:confused: (9/21/06)

CW 124.4 down 24.4 (1/04/07)

GW 130

Lots of great feedback here.

And, yes, it does get easier. I, personally, had hunger issues every day the first week OP - I recognized that my body was adjusting and just "toughed it out." (Since then, I've developed better strategies for recognizing and dealing with hunger - but that's what I went through in reality.)

The second week I had hunger issues about 5 days of the week, but did NOT for two of those days - and that gave me hope. The third week I had hunger issues for three days and did not for four.

I'm nearly six months into the program. I had so many strange/bad habits when I started, that it honestly took me a few months to learn what I'll call "real hunger" signals and to eat accordingly. Now, I'm much better at listening to my body.

My point is it didn't happen overnight - it did take time - so give yourself time. And visit here often - people here have GREAT ideas.

Kos

:salut Thank you thank you all for the support and great advice!! Yes, I definitely need to drink more water, that is for sure. And lean protein - I think I need to up that a bit too. I have been a bit "afraid" of it since it was higher points than my little veggieburgers, etc. I hope things will get better as time goes on, I just have to give it a chance and not cave in. I just had a small spoonful of sugar-free peanut butter to help out. I think my arm is safe for now. :) The cauliflower receipe sounds great too. I also need to learn about "real hunger" since I don't think I've really felt that in a while. I eat when I'm bored...tired...happy...sad...you name it, there was a reason to eat. Time to break the cycle.

Thanks all!!!

weight.png

Guest Rosiejo

Air popped popcorn with butter flavor pam to hold on a little popcorn salt is my go to when I have the munchies.:bcb_bigsm