Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Lana123456

Size..how much longer

Well I went to the mall today on a mission to find this skirt I've been seeing all over the cute ones that fit around the waist and then flare out kind of? Well Anyways I went to all the cheaper stores because I am a little tight on cash but ended up finding it at the Gap, not so cheap well I grabbed a 12 because thats what size i was at the start of all this and took a 10 well the 12 was huge smile.gif and the ten fit with some room to spare :D I was wondering if anyone has a clue I have 8.5 pounds to go and that would bring me to 135 will I be a size 8?

Started WW 1-19-04<br />SW 161.0<br />CW 142<br />GW 140<br />Pounds Left 2

Guest judyo53

This board has recently had a couple similar discussions & you'd be surprised at all the different answers based on height, body shape &, of course, different clothing manufacturers.

At 5' 2 1/2", small boned but pear shaped, I need to be closer to my 120's (mid to higher 120's, I think) to start fitting into an 8.

At 143 I was inching towards a 14 in pants.

145/138/120

Lana,

There is no definitive answer to your question. Like Judy said, because of the different body shapes everyone has. She was in a size 14 at 143 while I currently wear a 14 at 179! crazy.gif

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Everyone's bodies are different. Take me for example, I am a 7 in certain clothes but an 11 in other. It all depends on the cut of the pant and style. I do not want to discourage you but watch out for the GAP!!!! Their clothes run "bigger". They do this because if the size is "smaller", than if you bought them somewhere else, you will buy more at the GAP and pay the price for them. There is definately no way to tell what size you will be once the 8.5 lbs. are gone. Good Luck!

Lori<br /><br />180/140/125

I mentioned the gap because that's where I buy all my pants and stuff from so the size I'm going buy before WW is the same place as after and I realized a while back they run a little bigger, all stores seem to be different these days that's why I stick to one, gap and abercrombie seem to run on the same sizing, pants wise

And, not to burst your (or any of our collective) bubbles, but the stores are all sizing down now. So, 10 years ago what WAS a 14 is now a 10. They've all altered their sizing for the psycological factor it has on the consumer and purchasing.

So, whatever size you are, it's not what size you are, but how GREAT YOU LOOK AND FEEL. :)

SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

I'm 5 '5 and at 139 I'm now an 8 at the GAP.

If I were you I'd hold off on buying a lot of new clothes until you get to GW.

I've already made three trips back to the GAP to do exchanges on skirts and pants, it gets annoying after awhile.

Michelle

5'5

12-01-03 Prior to WW-157

As of 1-28-04 SW-150.0

WWG 3-3-04 (141.4)

Lifetime 4-24-04

CW-130 (MADE IT 4-14-08! It's about time!) PWG-130

"I'd rather lose weight, than eat what's on that plate!"

Thanks michelle im 5'5 also so maybe things are looking up for a size 8 smile.gif

No problem!

I'm also more on the on the pear shape size as well, if that helps any. I tend to gain weight in my butt and thighs.

[ April 08, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: mbee ]

Michelle

5'5

12-01-03 Prior to WW-157

As of 1-28-04 SW-150.0

WWG 3-3-04 (141.4)

Lifetime 4-24-04

CW-130 (MADE IT 4-14-08! It's about time!) PWG-130

"I'd rather lose weight, than eat what's on that plate!"

Originally posted by rouenmom:

And, not to burst your (or any of our collective) bubbles, but the stores are all sizing down now. So, 10 years ago what WAS a 14 is now a 10. They've all altered their sizing for the psycological factor it has on the consumer and purchasing.

This is absolutely true! I frequently hear someone mention that Marilyn Monroe was a larger sized woman because she wore a size 12 (or 14 or 16 depending on who is saying it). Not true. She was tiny. She may have worn a larger size in the 50s but it was equal to about a 4 or 6 in today's sizes! Yep, Marilyn was itty-bitty. tongue.gif

http://www.justsaywhen.com/Vintage-101-Sizing.htm

[ April 15, 2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Moonbeams11 ]

Ya-ya name: Queen Glimmering Moon<br /><br />Age 47<br />5' 7 1/2"<br />SW: 160<br />CW: 149<br />GW: 150

As my mom said, "of course we wore smaller sizes, we also wore girdles from the time we were 14 or 15 too :D "

She thinks all their undergarments prevented them from the natural spread...

PS: She was a size 12 back in the 50s and weighed all of 110 lbs and 5'6"!

Dee

Began WW: 1-9-04

5'8"

207.6/161/158

10%: 3-11-04

BMI 31.7/24.5

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.

Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Were all of different shapes,in one area or another.

I've lost 50 plus lbs. and went from a 44 to a 14 pants and I'm 5'1". I've never been the weight I am now and been a size 14. I attribute a lot of this change to my walking routine. My legs, hips, butt are shaped much differently (better) now. I'm not at goal yet either.

Different stores size differently here in Canada that is for sure.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

first off, the title of this thread makes me think of all the spam email I'm getting these days.... tongue.gif

I'd say based on the info you gave, you'll drop another size.

JO

MAINTAINING FOR 11 YEARS 0 Months!! :headover:

IF YOU NEVER LEAVE, YOU NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK