Health Discovery Network
Pandorra

Stuffed Peppers

Just snagged this from the WW Site Recipe Swap and it looks really good. Anyone try this yet?

Stuffed Green Peppers

Ingredients

4 medium bell pepper(s)

1 pound Morningstar Farms Frozen Burger Style Recipe Crumbles (use ground beef or turkey too)

2 Tbsp onion(s)

1 cup cooked white rice (use bulgar or brown rice)

1 tsp table salt

1 clove garlic

15 oz canned tomato sauce

Instructions

1. Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover for about 5 mins.

2. Cook 1 package (equivalent of 1 lb ground beef)of vegetarian recipe crumbles and onion in 10 inch skillet over medium heat for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, salt, garlic (minced) and 1 cup tomato sauce. Cook until hot.

3. Heat oven to 350.

4. Stuff peppers with mixture. Stand upright in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2. Pour remaining sauce over peppers.

5. Cover and bake 45 mins. Uncover and bake 15 mins longer or until peppers are tender. Option: Sprinkle with cheese (if using low-moisture part skim mozzarella, add 1 point. (use FF mozzerella cheese)

This looks so good, makes me want to run out to the grocery store just to get peppers.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Guest getnthin

This looks really good but do you know how many points it is?

IF made exactly as written, it's 5 points per serving (4 servings).

The tweaks in parenthesis are mine, either as options (like the ground beef) or to make it Core (like the brown rice)

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Guest getnthin

Thanks glad to know, ds #1 would love for me to make those.

Guest designsbybriana

I made these today and they are pretty good! It's a great recipe to use those peppers growing out in the garden. I had some frozen for a recipe like this, I had the morningstar crumbles and added couscous and it's pretty good. I forgot the garlic or it would probably be even better. Mine made a whole lot more than 4 medium peppers worth. I cooked about double that - about 8.

I love stuffed peppers. I make them with red bell peppers (amazing difference), which I slice in half for easier stuffing. I use brown rice, ground beef (lean), and add an egg, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese for the filling. If you add the parm it's not Core anymore, but you can keep it low points (or make it Core by using soy cheese). It's SOOO good - and it's on my menu for this week!

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

This sounds great....But is soy cheese Core???

Thanks,

Jim

:bcb_up MO Platoon Member #195

SW 336.5# (5/8/07)

10% Goal -36# (7/10/07)

CW 287# (-49.5#)

GW 195#

The Harder You Try...

The Harder It IsTo Quit!

(VinceLombardi)

This sounds great....But is soy cheese Core???

I just checked on the WW web site and it said that the following are included in the list of core foods:

soy milk (unflavored), soy cheese, soy yogurt (plain)

Have a great day!

Nikki