Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Provencal Beef Slow Cooker Stew

Hi all,

I am reposting this on the Core Forum (it is the the Slow-Cooker Forum), and will be trying it tomorrow and let you all know how it is! Original post: [thread=98275]Provencal Beef Slow-Cooker Stew[/thread]. Thanks Tiffany!

Christine

Provencal Beef Slow Cooker Stew

provencalbeefstew_lg.jpgspacer.gif

POINTS® value | 4

Servings | 6

Preparation Time | 20 min

Cooking Time | 390 min

Level of Difficulty | Moderate

main meals | We added pureed beans to this dish. The result? A robust, hearty stew with a wonderfully thick texture.

Ingredients

1 pound lean beef round, cut into 1-inch cubes (London Broil)

1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)

1 small onion(s), chopped

2 cup mushroom(s), sliced

2 medium garlic clove(s), minced

2 large carrot(s), sliced (about 1 cup)

15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed

1 1/2 cup canned beef broth

14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes, (about 1 1/2 cups)

1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed

1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

2 Tbsp thyme, or 2 whole sprigs, for garnish (optional)

Instructions

1. Place beef in a 5-quart slow cooker. Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to slow cooker. Add carrots.
  2. Place half of beans in slow cooker. Place remaining beans in blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to blender and puree. Add mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining broth, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
  3. Cover and cook on high setting of slow cooker for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme. Yields about 2 cups per serving.

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Guest jmjgtodd

I have actually made this before and it is excellent! Perfect for this chilly weather!

Hello all,

I agree! It is an excellent recipe! I did add some barley and 1 tbsp. flour at the end to thicken the broth a bit. Can't wait for leftovers this week! A bit hit with the family, too. :bcb_smile

Christine

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)