Health Discovery Network
140karen

smarter fettucine Alfredo

I found this one in the latest Kraft Food and Family magazine. I made it for my family yesterday and it was fantastic. Pretty healthy serving for 6 points. It was so easy. I hade it ready in 25 minutes complete.

Smarter Fettucinie Alfredo

8 oz. fettucine, uncooked

1 1/4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth

4 tsp. flour

1/3 cup Philadelphia light cream cheese spread

3 Tbsp. Kraft 100 % grated Parmesan cheese divided

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/8 tsp pepper

2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley ( I had to use dried, because I did not have fresh)

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cook pasta as directed on package.

Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan. Stir in cream cheese, 2 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese, the nutmeg, pepper and garlic powder. Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly with a wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.

Drain past. Toss with sauce, Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.

Makes 4 servings 1 cup each

Calories 300

Fat 6

Fiber 2

Points 6

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

If you changed the light cream cheese to fat free and used whole wheat pasta, the points value per serving would be 4. I used WW recipe builder.

Just some food for thought!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I was not sure how that FF stuff would melt. It does have a different texture. Have you ever tried it?

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Guest MeAgain

I'm pretty sure it would melt just fine. I use FF cream cheese in boxed macaroni and cheese all the time instead of the butter or marg for my kids. It works great.

Guest suzy-loozy

Awesome sounding recipe.....

Let me know how the FF stuff works, because the only FF item I ever buy is sour cream.....I usually hate FF stuff.....

If this is tasty, then it's a ton less points and a heart attack less than regular FA.....I'm anxious to try it.....

Thanks for sharing!

:bcb_up :bcb_march

Guest squash

Thank you for the recipe, I cooked it tonight and it was great. I added mushrooms,died tomatoes and 4 oz shirmps. It adds 1 point extra for the shrimps. Thanks once again.

Saad

Sounds great and i already have all the stuff I need. I'm going to try it with FF cream cheese and whole wheat pasta.

Stacy

SW: 155 -- CW: 148.6 -- GW: 135 -- PGW: 130

Tried this recipe for Valentine's Day, DH loves fettucinie and he also quite liked it. Very yummy, I went with the whole wheat pasta and the FF cream cheese and added a bunch of cooked veggies....very very good. It's a keeper!

Thanks

Kari

(185/141)

Pounds lost: 44

Total lost since my little girl was born on Dec. 17/06 : 74 YAHOOOOOO :bcbkickbu

Made this tonight for my family, using the fat free cream cheese, and I added 8 oz of salad shrimp after the sauce was done. It was fantastic! Everyone loved it and told me that that one is a keeper recipe! Thanks so much, you don't know how much I have missed fettucini alfredo!:salut

Jan

SW:269.6 10/10/06

CW:193.6 10/16/07

76 lbs lost!!

-10% January 2, 2007

-20% April 3, 2007

Goodbye Twoterville! Hello Onderland!

www.theworkofherhands.wordpress.com

I made this tonight. Used Whole Wheat pasta added chicken breast

and frozen peas. DH and DS#2 loved it!!! This is a keeper.

Thank you

Wendy:crazy::help:

HW 189/SW 174.8/ GW139/ CW139/PGW130

weight.png

this sounds really really good! Thanks for the recipe!

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

I made this tonight, and I like how easy it was.

I used mozzerella cheese instead of parm, and used ff cream cheese instead of lf. The recipie didn't call for salt, is there a reason for that?

I thought it was OK. It was pretty decent, but I felt like it was missing something... maybe next time I'll add some fresh basil or something. It also tasted a bit salty, could it be because I used mozzerella or added a little salt to the mix?

----

Leftovers were wonderful. I forgot to mention that the consistency is perfect- thick and creamy like a real alfredo sauce.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Guest avocado_grrrl

This was awesome! I used veggie broth instead of chicken because I'm a vegetarian, but other than that I followed it exactly as written and it was mighty tasty! I think next time, I'll add a bit more garlic (I'm a garlic freak) and throw in some sauteed portabellos. The boyfriend loved it too.