Health Discovery Network
kberri

Looking for BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe

I am craving the taste of a BBQ chicken pizza! Thankfully I dont know where the neareat Cal. Pizza Kichen is!!!

Anyone have a recipe? And, I love a thin pizza crust, anyone know how to make that, or what to buy?

I want a real pizza texture so I dont want to use a tortilla, pita or wrap.

Picky, picky, picky am I!!!!!

Thanks all,

keri

I just get a Pillsbury pizza crust, roll it out, brush BBQ sauce on, add cooked chicken and whatever else (maybe LF mozzarella), and stick it in the oven. I don't know off the top of my head how long you put it in, but it should say on the package. Also, BBQ sauces vary widely depending on how much sugar there is, so I can't really give you points. If I remember correctly, it was 4 pts/6 servings when I made it years ago (no cheese).

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

I think it was 1/3 c. of BBQ. Also, red onions are very yummy.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

Mmmmmm. Thank you. My mouth is watering already. I think I will go to CPK website and see what else they put on theirs.

Someone also said I could go get fresh pizza dough at my local supermarkets bakery, usually made fresh daily! That seems yummy too, but first I will try the easiest way and then work from there!

Thanks for your feedback

keri

I take that back - 1/2 c. BBQ. It's sooo good!

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

If you really want GREAT BBQ Chicken Pizza, the next time you fire up the grill, throw on a couple extra chicken breasts and use them for your pizza. You could also lightly grill some onions and peppers, too. This make a BBQ chicken pizza taste FABULOUS!!! If you don't need them right away you can always freeze them.

It's almost spring--get out there and clean up the grill, buddies!!

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

I had this the other day and would have liked it without the onions but it still was pretty good. Lean Cuisin makes a bbq chicken pizza that is only 7 points. It's actually a really good size and they made the box special so you get it to be crispy in the microwave. If you don't mind red onions I would for sure suggest it!

Starting Weight: 189.2

Current Weight: 182.2

Goal Weight: To Be Decided

Started WW 3/12/07

Week 1 - (-2.8 lbs)

Week 2 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 3 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 4 - (-0.2lbs) <---Easter/Birthday weekend so I was happy to loose something!

The BBQ Chicken Pizza from CPK uses Gouda cheese (3 pts. per oz. I believe). You can make your own BBQ chicken pizza using a store bought crust, 1/2 C. BBQ Sauce, diced cooked chicken, a handful of red onions, gouda cheese and some fresh cilantro.

We use the Jiffy crust at my house and we use 6 oz. of Gouda cheese, 6 oz. diced chicken, 3/4 C. BBQ Sauce (with 1/4 of this to baste on the chicken when we bake it). This makes a large pizza (8 slices) and each slice is 6 points.

Chellie in Colorado :exercise2

Recommitted July 7, 2008

HW: 285.0 (June 2008)

CW: 277.6 (7/14/08)

10% goal: 256.5

www.myspace.com/psychdocintraining