Health Discovery Network
hollyn

How do your 'dress' up your salads?

Just wondering what you add that is relatively low in points to your salads. Dressings or ingredients.

I love adding cheese and nuts but not worht the points to me.

I like adding pomegranite seeds... salads are just getting boring to me.

Looking for new ideas.

Holly

Mom of 4

Start Date September 3, 2007

Lost 3.5 pounds!

weight.png

GW 118

Guest J@mie

My favorites are black or kalamata olives - a lot of flavor and not tooo many points, FF feta, roasted red peppers and red onion. A little healthy oil and blasamic or rice vinegar.

Guest M_red

New life timer here.... did it alone but happy to find this site!

My low point favorites:

Artichoke hearts, baby corn (the stir fry ones), healthy choice lunch meat, a hard boiled egg, pickled beets (anything pickled), peas, reduced fat Feta, goat cheese, FF cottage cheese, chix, crab meat, tuna, lobster (I am from new england), shrimp, pork loin (cold and chopped)...all above have a serving for 1 pt, mix and match or low pt salads.

Favorite dressing...balsamic viniger, garlic, dijon mustard (can add a bit of water if too strong) or the new sprays are good too....

Yum! Good ideas.

I put on Craisins, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, nuts, beans (garbanza or some other kind)

Charmaine

-------------------------------------

TTC#1

gw/140

cw/181.8

Guest tsatske

I make a crunchy topping based on special K, plus Bac-o's 9fat-free0, plus whatever else - slivered almonds, sesame seeds, whatever sounds good. I use it instead of croutons.

I like yellow, orange, and red bell peppers - they are so colorful and so tasty!

I also like to use baby spinach.

And mushrooms

Dressings - I use light done right ranch - but I've never found a lite salad dressing that I really love. The quest goes on!:bcb_grin

Carrie

:cool:

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!

Turkey bacon!

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

CarrieD, I'm with you on not being able to find a lite dressing that I like. I have discovered Emeril's Balsamic Vinaigrette which is 1 pt. for 2 tablespoons. It's made with canola oil and quite tasty and it's not a lite or fat-free dressing. Well worth the 1 pt. IMO.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Turkey Pepperoni!!! You get like 17 slices for 2 points, so I'll just use about 8 and cut them up. Really adds a spicy kick and worth the point!

~Lori

SW: 159.6

CW: 159 :bcb_yuck:

GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

I just had a yummy salad with dinner and I put currants, celery, and walnuts in it. I only put a very little bit of currants in it, but they give you a great sweet flavor that makes the salad great. The amount I used today is less than 1 pt. I also use the balsamic vinegar spray dressing, which is 1 calorie per spray, and I only use about 5 sprays because I don't like a lot of dressing. So 5 cal = 0 points, and the only thing I have to count in my salad is the walnuts!

g i n a

s w 171.5 ~ c w 171.5 ~ g w 110

Guest suzy-loozy

I love the following and don't put a lot of qty of the higher point stuff.....for dressing I used lights dressings and make my variations of low fat dressings.....

Boiled eggs, craisins, toasted pine nuts, sauteed red onion and bell pepper, black sesame seeds, baked tofu, beets, any kind of olive, and of course the normal stuff......

Bon Apetite!

:bcb_march