Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
zena1129

New from Indiana

Hi, I just started WW this week for the first time and I'm really excited about it. I have a LOT of weight to lose so I'm trying not to let that discourage me. Right now I'm setting myself a small goal of 10 pounds. My big issue is soda I love love love it so I have set myself a limit of only one can a day until I can get myself off of it completely. So I hope this site can whip me into shape, I look forward to losing weight with all of you.:bcb_drill

<

weight.png

Welcome to BCB, zena1129! It helps to have smaller goals to prevent discouragement. :salut Just consider how far you'll have come by next January. Time will pass anyway, so we may as well get and stay healthy. Surf around, find a home board or two that meets your needs and post there often. It really helps!

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Welcome Zena. I was a big Dr. Pepper addict (2 or 3 cans/day) before I started WW, and I wondered how/if I could wean myself from it. It turned out that when I saw how many points I was going to have to spend on it, and how much water I was supposed to be drinking, that I cut back a lot very quickly. I also had previously really hated diet soda, but that's the only kind I drink now -- and now it's mostly diet decaf. Dr. Pepper when I do drink it (I go through about a can every 2-3 days). Anyway, just to let you know, it can be done! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Guest mgskarma

welcome to BCB!

I too have cut down on my soda, though I had been drinking diet soda for yrs, so I didnt go through too much angst about it. I still have a diet coke every couple a days, but now it is replaced by water and teas. I used to go thru a 12 pc every couple days:bcb_blush! I save alot of money this way!

welcome! Post often, and keep on keepin on, no matter.

MM