Health Discovery Network
Guest M_red

Blue Cheese Dressing

Guest M_red

Tried this yesterday and it went over well with everyone! So I thought I would share....

From " the best lite recipe" from the editor's of cook's illustrated

Makes about 1 cup

1 oz strongly flavored blue cheese (ex Roquefort or Stilton) crumbled (about 1/4 cup)

1/4 C buttermilk

1/4 C reduced fat Mayo

1/4 C low fat Sour cream

1 TBS water (I did not use b/c I like a thicker dressing)

2 tsps white wine vinager

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/8 tsp black pepper

I mixed all in my mini food processor a about 45 sec.

Per 2 TBS Serving: Cal 40, Fat 2.5, Sat Fat, Chol 5 mg, Carb 2, Protein 2g, Fiber 0, Sodium 200 mg

1 pt

Anyone have a good low pt buffalo Sauce recipe to pair with it? ;) Yum

Thanks for posting this recipe- I love Blue Cheese dressing but have pretty much considered it off limits since WW.

As for good buffalo sauce, I really enjoy Tom's brand.

-Julez

buffalo sauce is very easy, melted light butter mixed with franks red hot. I think it says 1/3 cup melted butter to 1/2 cup hot sauce, nit sure but it is on the bottle, and of course you control the heat this way!

I just posted a delicious recipe fpr buffalo chicken dip in the food and point issues forum. It is in the hot wing alternative thread.

here it is:

I have a great recipe for buffalo chicken dip.

1 8 oz block cream cheese softened. (low fat or fat free)

1/2 cup ranch dressing (low fat or fat free)

3/4 cup franks red hot

4 oz shredded cheddar (low fat or fat free)

2 cooked chicken breasts chopped or shredded (i put in a pie dish, cover, nuke for 7 minutes and shred with forks or fingers)

*1-2 T olive oil if using all low fat or fat free -optional

mix cream cheese, ranch and hot sauce and stir with wosk or mixer until mostly smooth. fold on cheese and chicken. spoon into dish and bake for 20-30 mintes until slightly brown and bubbly. serve with baked scoops and celery.

the more fat free stuff you use, the less brown but more chalky it will be. my suggestion for using fat free is to add some health olive oil to it.

you can obviously make this into smaller portions if you would like.

Melissa

HW 236.5

Restart date - 8/13/10

Restart weight- 213.6

CW 198.4

GW 160-170

Lowest weight 168 Feb, 2008

I actually made that Buffalo dip for the Super bowl and it was a big hit. No one knew that it was lo-calorie. I used all fat free ingredients and it was great.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

I made your recipe and it was a real hit...my, how we have missed Blue Cheese dressing! Here's a tip: keep a wedge of Roquefort in your freezer and just grate it (frozen) into your recipe or on top of a salad. You get the taste without using as much!

I made it last night to chill for today. I think a pinch of sugar would help. Thank you for the freezing tip bc I do have a large wedge of blue

lost 18.0 since December, its my journey