Health Discovery Network
Mrs Peterson

Pulled BBQ Chicken recipe????

Looking for the pulled BBQ chicken recipe made in the crock with boneless, skineless chicken thighs... anyone have that???

Thanks!!!!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

*Bump* Anyone? bcb_sad

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Actually, I'm going to do the same thing tonight myself. Don't really have a recipe on hand but I figured I'm just going to try modifying a recipe I saw on hand here for pork.

Skinless chicken thighs, I'm using two packages. I'm making enough for leftovers.

A can of diet cola

1 cup bbq sauce

2 tbs. sugarfree apple butter (there is a recipe in this crockpot forum somewhere, soo good)

1 medium onion sliced or diced depending on preference

1 tsp ground pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix it all together, let it cook for 5-6 hours on high. Pull about 30 minutes before serving time using two forks. Remove any bones if you went for bone in chicken. Allow to cook for another 30 minutes and serve as desired.

I'm thinking of serving on some homemade low point hamburger buns I made a couple days ago and some steamed corn on the cob.

Points value really varies with this recipe on what kind of bbq sauce you go with and how many servings you are looking to get out of it. I anticipate atleast 8 servings out of this, possibly more.

SW: 225, GW: 145 achieved in 2011!!, CW: 184 (restarting)