Health Discovery Network
fursaflyin

Cinnamon Hazelnut

Hello everyone I am new to ww and new to the group. I was looking forward to jumping onto this forum this morning when I woke up. I am having a really hard time giving up my 1 cup of coffee in the morning. It's really not the coffee itself but it is the Iternational Delight Cinnamon Hazelnut cream that goes into the coffee. Exactly 6 (six) Tablespoons is what it takes to get it just right. That costs me 6 six points and some mornings I am okay without it but other mornings I crave and think about it all day untill I say " Oh my gosh I might as well have it and get it over with" Some days I'll drop it down to a half a cup. What is the addiction here and how can I get a handle on it? Anybody else struggling with something similar?:bcb_confu

Thanks

I use a liter beer stein for coffee and my morning cup used to be 10 points.

Now I use Davici Syrup, Sugar free There are all kinds of flavors Hazelnut is one....

I still add a point for milk but i went from 10 down to one and it still tastes great.

Welcome to BCB

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

You can buy them direct online at http://www.davincigourmet.com and many other online sites. Some SuperWalmarts, Krogers and Albertsons have one or two flavors in the coffee aisle. TJMaxx and Marshalls sometimes carry a limited selection as well. Cost Plus World Market carry the Torani brand which is just as good IMO but doesn't have as many flavors. Some coffee houses and "lo-carb" stores carry them as well, but generally I've found them to be more expensive than buying online even with shipping.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I had the same problem, I just could not even imagine my coffee without my hazelnut cream. I have finally found a solution to this problem, I have started buying flavored coffee, I have a kroger and the kroger brand coffee is the one I am using now, they have all kinds of yummy flavors. Right now, I am on a chocalate rasberry kick. I use the fat free plain ole creamer and splenda, and I get my flavor from the coffee itself. Try that and see if it helps!:salut

Tammy

SW 220

CW 192 (12-3-07):bcb_march

GW 125:bcbkickbu

Does International Delight have fat-free versions of the flavored creamer that you could switch to? I know Coffeemate does (french vanilla, hazelnut, and maybe one or two others).

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Guest mgskarma
I had the same problem, I just could not even imagine my coffee without my hazelnut cream. I have finally found a solution to this problem, I have started buying flavored coffee, I have a kroger and the kroger brand coffee is the one I am using now, they have all kinds of yummy flavors. Right now, I am on a chocalate rasberry kick. I use the fat free plain ole creamer and splenda, and I get my flavor from the coffee itself. Try that and see if it helps!:salut

ohmygosh! that sounds delish. I am gonna be prowlin' for that!

mm

Guest bigmamma
Hello everyone I am new to ww and new to the group. I was looking forward to jumping onto this forum this morning when I woke up. I am having a really hard time giving up my 1 cup of coffee in the morning. It's really not the coffee itself but it is the Iternational Delight Cinnamon Hazelnut cream that goes into the coffee. Exactly 6 (six) Tablespoons is what it takes to get it just right. That costs me 6 six points and some mornings I am okay without it but other mornings I crave and think about it all day untill I say " Oh my gosh I might as well have it and get it over with" Some days I'll drop it down to a half a cup. What is the addiction here and how can I get a handle on it? Anybody else struggling with something similar?:bcb_confu

Thanks

Hi there my name is bigmamma it is a nickname. I had the same problem with a hot drink called frothy it was made by nestle and i had 2 a day anad i really miss it and the dicontinued it, I use to put the french vanilla creamer in it. I am having a bad time to the creamer is 2 points anad i used about 2 tablespoons in my coffee, so i know exactly what you ate talking about. It is very hard when you give something up you enjoy. Good luck. I just started ww. I weight in on Tues. Wish me luc... Have a great day.

International Delights makes fat free flavored creamers- I use the French Vanilla which is 1 point per 1 tablespoon serving. They might make a fat free version of the Cinnamon Hazelnut. Splenda has a new product out- flavor blends. Zero fat, zero calories and they make it in Hazelnut (sprinkle regular cinnamon to get the part that's missing?). I just bought a box but haven't used it yet so I can't vouch for how it tastes but I expect it to be good. As for flavored ground coffees- I see these in most grocery stores these days. Twenty years ago I used to put vanilla extract in my ground coffee to get the flavor- if cinnamon and/or hazelnut comes in an extract, you could try that.

Smoke free since 11/15/07

Great, I'll try that. Any idea where I could get it? I am in the Knoxville TN area. Would a health food store have it? :bcb_confu
I am in Knoxville too. Hiya. World Market in Turkey Creek carries a Sugar Free Hazelnut Syurp. It is Torani (something like that) brand. I love it. You could use that and put some cinnamon in your coffee grounds and it should be really good.

=)

Sharon

Hi, I am also in Knoxville. I have found the DaVinci syrups at Super Walmart and Kroger.

Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

weight.png

Guest Mydnite_Gypsy

Hey guys. I have never tried them, but thanks for the idea!