Health Discovery Network
Guest suzy-loozy

Fried Bulgar!

Guest suzy-loozy

Sound terrible???? It's not.....One of the things I love is fried rice....you know Chinese style.......but if you order it at a Chinese restaurant it's loaded with fat......

I made a batch of bulgar last weekend and thought, OK, I'm sick of it just plain....so I made fried bulgar.......check it out! I did not run it through any recipe builders, but I figured it to be 6 pts for the whole pan.......check it out

1 cup cooked bulgar (2 pts)

2 egg whites (0 pts)

4 slices of FF ham, chopped (1 pt from pkg)

1/4 cup Chopped carrots (0 pts) (I used the julienned)

1/4 Chopped onion (0 pts)

1 tblsp Olive oil (2 pts)

1 tbls of teriyaki sauce (1 pts) I use Yoshida Gourmet sauce

Place the carrots and onion in a pan with the oil and sautee for a couple minutes and add in the ham, stir together until ham is starting to cook and add in the bulgar.....fry until bulgar takes on that cooked look...I then stir in the egg whites until cooked and last, I drizzled the teriyaki sauce over it stirred it again and plated it.....

It made quite a lot and I ate less than half the pan as a side to chicken.....it was really good and you'd never know it wasn't rice.....you could shave the point for the sauce but it really added a great flavor to the dish....

Bulgar? Who'd thunk it!

:bcb_march :bcb_march

Guest suzy-loozy

Bulgar is cracked wheat and I find it in the health food section of my local grocery store, you know like the bulk bin section? If they don't have it try your local health food store.....

Oddly enough, I find bulgar on the same aisle as baking goods - i.e., sugar, flour, etc. in my grocery store.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I tried this tonite.... and I LOVE it. I added even more veggies; mushrooms, artichokes, celery and it was delish. :bcb_up

Colleen

163/142/130

SW/CW/GW

:jump_jack

:work_out: