Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
candlegranny

too much cabbage!!!!!

wave.gif Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a great op day. What can I do with all the cabbage I have in the garden? Other than coleslaw and cassaroles. Has anybody ever froze cabbage and used it later for soups and cassaroles? I never have but thought it might work what is your opinion on this? Thanks Jane crazy.gif

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

My mother freezes whole heads of cored cabbage - when she wants to make cabbage rolls, all she does is defrost the leaves and it saves the messy blanching step.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Thanks cordyc for the response that says yes to my question on the frozen cabbage, cause I only want to use it to fry it or cassaroles or soups. Great :D thumbup.gif

weight.png

I really like making a tomato-based meat/TVP sauce and pouring it over wedges of steamed or boiled cabbage. It's like spaghetti without the pasta!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

thanks for all the good tips for using the cabbage. jane

weight.png

My mom used to fry the cabbage with onion, lots of black pepper, salt, then add some bow tie noodles and cottage cheese for a nice hearty dish.

DH and I eat that now with some FF smoked sausage on the side sometimes, and of course, not nearly the amount of oil to saute that cabbage onion mixture like when I was growing up!

My husband makes a nice salad out of thinly sliced cabbage, lemon juice to taste, oil to taste, and lots of salt and pepper. Let it sit a while. Yummy.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW