Health Discovery Network
summerset

Pineapple Sour Cream Pie-w/ pics

Hey guys,

I made this last night and it was awesome! I adapted it from a regular recipe plus added another layer. It was so good and creamy and hit the spot.

Run don't walk to your kitchen and make this right away!

372174514_d473ef252f.jpg

The pieces hold well together, too

372174510_25fdb626e1.jpg

Pineapple sour cream pie

1 core pie crust, baked (recipe follows)

Layer one:

1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice

1 large package instant FF SF vanilla pudding mix

2 tablespoons artificial sweetener

1 cup FF sour cream

½ C FF yogurt

Layer two:

½ C FF yogurt

½ C FF ricotta

1 Tblsp artificial sweetener

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple, dry pudding mix, sweetener, sour cream and ½ cup of the yogurt.

2. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.

Combine the other ½ cup of yogurt with the ricotta and blend thoroughly. Spread on top of the pineapple mixture.

Chill before serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Core Pie Crust

3/4 c. Cream of Wheat

1/4 c. oat bran

4 t. canola oil

1/4 c. applesauce

salt to taste

Mix in a bowl, pat into a sprayed pie pan (I used the back of the spoon and it worked fairly well), bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

I know a lot of you are going to make your own adaptions, but give the original a try at least the first time! See how you like it!

Summerset

"If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?"

My pics

Guest sodacracker

oh yeah, this is good!

Made it without the yogurt/ricotta topping and left out the artificial sweetener ( the pudding and fruit are sweet enough).

The real marvel of this is the crust. Crunchy and tasty. I think this crust could almost be used as a pizza crust. It has a slight apple taste but pizza toppings might mask it. I will give it a try and report back.

Thanks for the recipe - we all liked it.

The crust recipe came from the Core forums around Thanksgiving time... It might have come from WWCarol, but I'm not sure. I agree, it is WAY good.

"If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?"

My pics

Guest sodacracker

It made a medium sized pizza crust that two of us shared. I realized later that a plain tortilla would have been the same size and less points but this had a nice crunch and gritty texture that i liked.

I made the pie and it was really tasty! I think that I may leave out the ricotta topping next time, but this is a keeper. I noticed that your crust was a lot browner than mine. Mine seems a little hard to cut through, not very crispy. Perhaps I didn't allow mine to cook enough. I also only had 2 small pkgs of pudding mix- one vanilla and one cheesecake. It was really yummy! Thanks for the great recipe! I can finally feel like I am having "dessert!"

Kay :bcb_wink3

HW- 192

SW- 164 4-14-08

LW- 149 7-30-08

CW- 161.6

Personal Goal- 135

I made this last night and loved it. I may be strange but I don't care for the ricotta cheese. It leaves a weird feeling in my mouth. I will try it next time without the topping but I still really liked this pie. Thanks for the recipe.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

plan to make tomorrow:salut

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

Summerset, what kind of yogurt did you use? Plain or vanilla?

Tish

Onward and Downward

Summerset, what kind of yogurt did you use? Plain or vanilla?
Plain. Vanilla is not Core.

My pics

Of course. I knew that. ;) *sigh* I think I'm just too busy these days!

Tish

Onward and Downward

I made this pie this past weekend as a dessert for my mothers day dinner.

I left off the ricotta cheese layer.

It was wonderful! Even picky DBF who is rail thin and doesn't eat anything that he thinks might be "diet" wanted a piece to take home with him cause he liked it so much.

The only change I would make would be to add a little splenda to the pie crust, I thought it would be better sweet.

Thanks for the recipe!

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I made it this morning. I added a little more pineapple than it called for and I didn't have a big box of pudding so I used 2 small boxes and left out the ricotta cheese layer. OMG it is so good. I could eat the whole thing at one sitting...it is that good.

Made this today but haven't tried it yet. I added a small pkg. of SF lemon jello to the ricotta topping. It seems to have added a yummy flavor (I tasted a little from the bowl) and it seems to have firmed up. Will let you all know what I think after I try it tonight. I also didn't have any oatbran so I took a container of the WW Apple Oatmeal and ground it up instead. Thought it would go well with the applesauce. Thanks for the recipe.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Love this pie! I sliced a banana and layered it on the crust before the layering the pudding mixture. It tastes a lot like a banana split cake my mom used to make.

I can confirm this one is a winner, as my DH asked to eat it for breakfast the next day!!

JenSW: 145

CW: 139

GW: 130

You can do things that make you feel good, or you can do things that make you feel good about yourself.

Guest jul

I can't wait to make this pie, but I can't find oat bran. Is it a cereal? or a grain?

Jul

I could't find oat bran this last time I went to the store to make it but found wheat bran.....it ended up being 0 points for the 1/4 cup....even if it isn't core.

I used to be able to find it in my grocery store in the bulk section near the bull oatmeal. Or it might be in with the hot cereals or maybe with the baking stuff....I really had to search. I hope you find everything you need for it....I could live on this pie...and super easy to make...I leave off the second layer and it is still great.

Julie

I am just going through some of the Core recipes as today is my first day. This pie sounds excellent and so does the crust. I am going to try it this week-end.

Di :wave:

I made this pie Sunday following the recipe except leaving out the Splenda and adding a tablespoon of honey to the 2nd layer mix because I do not do artificial sweetners. It is delicious!! Those who haven't tried it should give it a try.

This sounds really good! I am going to make it very soon.

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

this sounds amazing, especially with Easter right around (no, really, RIGHT around!) the corner. Has anyone tried this with any other variations? :bcb_cool2