Health Discovery Network
JJaxson

Leslie Knocks My Socks Off!!!

So.. when I first started my ww journey I hated exercising. I have a free gym membership but not the courage to walk in and look like a fool. I was still losing weight so I figured - why bother??

A good friend of mine from here always gushed about her loveaffair with Leslie Sansone (Walk away the pound goddess). I was intrigued how an exercise video could get someone so HOT and bothered!!:bcb_grin After a great loss I went out searching for a reward for myself. I found myself in Zellers and much to my surprise found a 1&2 Mile dvd. I've since bought about 8 more and keep falling deeper in love.

I suppose what i'm saying is I just can't believe how easy it is. I can exercise in my house instead of braving the snow(like today), rain and bugs. I just think the program's amazing..

One word of caution though.. I often get SO steamy.. that I start to strip.. I started laughing uncontrolably today in the middle of my NEW 3mileExpress dvd when I realized more clothes were on the floor than on my body. I of course.. took a photo for your viewing pleasure.. of the FLOOR.. not me!!:bcb_grin

leslie.jpg

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on my newest girlfriend Leslie:buddysmoo

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

jackie you are hilarious!! honestly..when i first started working out at home i would have the same thing happen...since i was hot...i started taking off layers. i just had to remember not to start doing that on the tready at the gym, :bcb_grin

Guest Bunnyblossom

I just did the 1 mile yesterday, and the 2 mile today! I'm loving these! I don't feel all stupid trying to keep up with crazy moves that make me want to topple!

Guest Kira Dear

Ha! I do the same thing. And I tend to throw clothes as I take them off. If found a tshirt behind my couch yesterday! And I love the WATP videos. My mom gave me hers and I use them all the time. I have the 1, 2, & 3 mile. I hope to get more. They're great since it rains here all the time. It's the "no excuses" walk!

I just tried WATP this week, and I LOVE it!! I'm a home exerciser, and walker (usually solitary). During the week I use my Nordic Track exercise machine, which gives you a kick butt aerobic workout. I had to travel on business this week, and since I don't like going to public/hotel gyms, I was at a loss... Until I read someone's post about this on one of the boards here, and CLICK! The lightbulb went off!

I can toss this into my laptop case, and play it on my laptop DVD drive in my hotel room! All I need are my sneakers and the 2 lb weights (I forgot the latter, but oh well..). I did the 2-mile, thinking it was going to be "easy", and it was not impossible, but it worked some muscles that don't get a workout on the Nordic Track, so I was a bit sore the next day.

I moved to the place where I live now last April, and I HAD YET to connect my DVD player in my living room to my TV. Well, at my WW meeting yesterday, I decided that was what I was gonna do first thing when I got home. Did it, and did the 2-mile program (this time with weights..) and loved it so much, I decided to do the 1-mile program too.

I'm a believer, and it's great to know what you can get a good workout even if the weather isn't good for outdoor walking!

WW Online figures activity points for the 1-mile and 2-mile programs, which is nice, I'll just add the points for the 1-mile and 2-mile if I do the 3-mile.

Count me on the list of WATP fanatics! Going to ge me some 2-lb weight balls too -- I used dumbbells today, but want to get the full experience using the weight balls too.

Skymom :bcb_march

179.2/137.2/145(WWG)/135 (PG)

Lifetime since May 1988

Back On Program since November 29, 2008

I was a sloth prior to WW... I hated moving, hating having to do anything that would make me exert too much energy. WATP was a great way for me to begin exercise because the moves were simple! I 100% love WATP -- it really (along with WW, of course hehe) helped me change my life around. The bulk of my excess weight was lost doing primarly WATP. Oh and now I'm a total gym freak... and it all started out with WATP! :bcb_up

Haha, I seriously sound like an infomercial.

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

Guest suzy-loozy

Just wanted to say LMAO JJ......

You crack me up....

:bcb_grin :bcb_march

LMAO, TOO....JJ JUST A TIP, I START OUT WITH ONLY MY UNDIES ON SO I DONT HAVE TO MISS A BEAT TO STRIP!!!!

LUV YA SISTER,, JANERAE

LMAO MommaJane.. I was waiting for your reaction to this.. lol.. thanks for introducing me to Leslie.. you're one amazing woman!:salut

Guest Jen66

I love Leslie too. My DH and I did the 3 mile WATP using weitghts this morning and will do her You Can Do Pilates this evening( it is great if you haven't tried it). She is really good. I also really like Chris Freytag, the Prevention 3 2 1 Circuit Training DVD is amazing! I get bored if I don't switch it up a lot. I remeber doing Kathy Smith in the 80's, so I picked up a couple of hers to try from the library, and IMO, yuck! Complicated dance moves that seem really dated. I will not be buying any of hers!

Leslie rocks! :bcb_up

I had been doing the 3 mile express, and not only was I getting a bit bored, but my DVD was getting a little pixelated! LOL

So I just got Leslie's Walk and Jog from Ebay --- Oh My Gosh!!! It is sooo awesome! Just as easy, as far as the moves go, but the intensity ...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

I'm embarassed to admit that.. that.. i'm an ebay virgin:bcb_blush .. trust me i've peeked though.. just nervous to take the plunge.. one day..

*sigh*

I'm totally loving Leslie! I'm a vidiot at heart.......I've been doing DVDs for about 3 years. Well, when I started WW again on Dec. 11th, I just didn't want to do those hard workouts anymore. So, I went back to the Leslie workouts. All I can say is the walking is doing more for me than any of those difficult workouts. I really think it's because my HR isn't going into the anaerobic zones......it is staying in the fat burning zone. My hips, butt and thighs are looking so good......I'm soooooooo proud!

If I may enable all of you.......:bcb_grin Leslie's Walk Slim Set was just released and it is AWESOME!!!! The 3-Mile has all of your favorites to walk with....Jo, Lynn, Linda, and Carol and they are 3 steady miles. The 2 & 4 Mile workouts in this set are intervals........WOW are they fast! You alternate 3 mins. of power walking and then 2 mins. of "boosted walking" which is jogging.......Just awesome! In the 2-Mile you do this 3 times and in the 4-Mile you do it 5 times! I'm burning calories like crazy!!!

~~Stephanie ;)

178.6 SW/158.2 CW/140 GW (I hit the 20 lb. mark!!!)

~~It's better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.~~

I love WATP~~ TOO!

I have several that I purchased at Wal-Mart and Target. They range from 1 mile to 5 miles and I love all of them.

I have started doing the longer ones, now I am afraid that if I go back to the 30 minute ones I won't have enough exercise. :bcb_march:bcb_march

What do you long timers think??

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Lesa,

I'm not a long timer, but I'll toss in my two cents. I'd use the shorter ones when you have less time available, and thus have two options: 1) no exercise or 2) some exercise

That way you can do something shorter and at least get something in for the day.

Something tells me I'm going to be getting more of these, so I have more variety and options -- I'm not an "exercise" video type, so that's saying something.

Skymom

179.2/137.2/145(WWG)/135 (PG)

Lifetime since May 1988

Back On Program since November 29, 2008

I just dusted off my WATP 1-2 Mile Walk DVD yesterday as I didn't feel like braving subzero temps yet again before dawn to go to the gym.

I am trying so hard to fit in at least 30 minutes daily (NO EXCUSES) and the WATP workouts fit the bill perfectly when I don't go to my gym. I probably have about 20 exercise tapes and DVD's and find myself consistently returning to Leslie's programs. THAT says something right there. :salut

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

i bought the 1 & 2 mile dvd off ebay and i'm waiting for it to come anyday now! i'm so excited and i keep running to the mailbox daily when i hear the mailman come! Maybe today is the day!!

~LD~

Started WW on Sept 25, 2006 Total weight loss so far 51 lbs. :jump_jack

Core-- Weigh In on Mondays

Recent WI: -2.6 lbs(10/8/07)

I think I will buy one the next time I am at a store.. Sounds like a great addition to my indoor workout collection..

What activity level are they considered?

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

What activity level are they considered?

That depends on your fitness level and which tape. They can range anywhere from light to moderate for the shorter ones, some of the longer ones can be on the higher side of moderate if you're already active but they kicked my butt when I first started. The ones with jogging will be more intense then the plain walking. You might try them from the library or netflix before buying if you want to test them out first.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

You might try them from the library or netflix before buying if you want to test them out first.

Also, if you have Time Warner Cable, or another cable or satellite company (just check your listings), and you have On Demand or something like that, I get Exercise TV on demand and it has the 1,2, and 3 mile as well as the express and the jog for free. I LOVE Exercise TV on demand when I can't get to the gym. Then you could decide if you wanted to buy them.

Shiloh

SW - 219.5 lbs. CW - 161.4 lbs. (1/16/09) PGW - 145 lbs.

Also, if you have Time Warner Cable, or another cable or satellite company (just check your listings), and you have On Demand or something like that, I get Exercise TV on demand and it has the 1,2, and 3 mile as well as the express and the jog for free. I LOVE Exercise TV on demand when I can't get to the gym. Then you could decide if you wanted to buy them.

Ditto this!! I love the on demand workouts...good variety and it's no additional cost! I have comcast and have Exercise TV too, so you can add that to the list.

If I may enable all of you.......:bcb_grin Leslie's Walk Slim Set was just released and it is AWESOME!!!! The 3-Mile has all of your favorites to walk with....Jo, Lynn, Linda, and Carol and they are 3 steady miles. The 2 & 4 Mile workouts in this set are intervals........WOW are they fast! You alternate 3 mins. of power walking and then 2 mins. of "boosted walking" which is jogging.......Just awesome! In the 2-Mile you do this 3 times and in the 4-Mile you do it 5 times! I'm burning calories like crazy!!!

Tell me more! Where did you buy this? I need some new WATP tapes, and these sound like they are just what I need to spice it up a bit!

Jackie... I'm sorry to inform you of this but... Leslie is cheating on you w/ me! If it weren't for Leslie, I wouldn't be doing any exercise right now. I HATE the cold, so there is no way I'm going to brave the cold to get to the gym. Leslie and I walked 4 miles together today :bcb_bigsm

*Sarah*

SW: 236.5

CW: 223.5 10/16/07

GW: 135

Sarah.........I got them directly from Leslie's site. Go to the "What's New" section and you'll see the Walk Slim Package there. I'm love, love, loving them! They are really good and intense workouts!

~~Stephanie ;)

178.6 SW/158.2 CW/140 GW (I hit the 20 lb. mark!!!)

~~It's better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.~~