Health Discovery Network
Aeriea085

Ballpark fat free franks

Hi buddies! I was shopping at Target earlier when I stumbled upon Ballpark fat free franks in my search for wonton wrappers. I looked at the nutritional information and discovered that one hotdog is only 40 calories... 1 point! Even healthy choice hotdogs are 2 points, so I decided to try them. WOW! They are pretty good for only 1 point! I wrapped mine in a 1 point refrigerator biscuit and baked it for 10 minutes. What a great 2 point main course! Anyhow, I had to share the information since I was amazed that a 1 point hotdog exists! Enjoy buddies!

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

I agree. They are my favorite hot dog too!

I haven't had these for quite some time, but I also like to pam fry them, put some veggie chilli over them and a piece of FF cheese, add chopped onions, if you like, on a 1 pt hot dog bun ...for a great chili dog. :D

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Ball Park FF Franks are the only hot dogs I buy-even for my family which includes 2 teens.

If you can find the light hot dog buns you can have 2 hot dogs on buns for 4 pts. :bcb_grin

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

Guest penguinkeeper2000

My family uses these as well. Everyone seems to like them.

Guest M_red

All- I agree! I cut them up and put them in some baked beans. A great high protein, high fiber, low fat meal on a cold wintery day, like today :-)

Guest mochalattekona

Thanks for the info. I def will be buying these today.

I especially like them when my supermarket has them on sale - buy one and get one pack free - I stock up and freeze them.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

Guest sweetz0625
Ball Park FF Franks are the only hot dogs I buy-even for my family which includes 2 teens.

If you can find the light hot dog buns you can have 2 hot dogs on buns for 4 pts. :bcb_grin

What buns are you using that are only 1 point each???? I would like to find them

Guest suzy-loozy

Hot dogs are something I crave a couple times a year, but gave them up when I started WW....because I couldn't find one that was anywhere below like 5 pts.....

Thanks for sharing this.....love the bisquit idea......and the chile idea.....MMmmmmmm

And yes, I would like to know where to get a 1 pt bun????

:bcb_march :bcb_bravo

I am personally not a big fan of the ballpark brand (or any ff hot dog), but I LOVE the Hebrew National 97% ff hot dogs. They are 1 pt as well, and taste a lot more "real" to me. They're a bit pricey, so we only buy them maybe twice a year - beginning and end of the summer - for grilling, but there are 9 in a pack and it's only two of us, so it's plenty to get my hot dog fix.

Just thought I'd pass that along for anyone who is like me and doesn't love the ff ones. These taste so much like regular fat hot dogs, I can't believe it. DBF didn't even realize they were "light."

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Thanks for the tips! I look forward to trying the Ballpark and the Hebrew hot dogs! They would probably be good wrapped in a low fat tortilla!

We get our lite buns at Weis The hamburger and hotdog ones are 1pt a each.

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

If you have a Jewel/Osco near you they have Jewel brand light hotdog buns which are 1 point each. I usually just use a la tortilla factory tortilla since I try to only eat whole wheat flour (and those hotdog buns are 2 pts each if you get pepperidge farm.

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

Kroger's has lite buns @ 1 point each hotdog & hambuger both they also come in whole wheat lite as well. I also like the ballpark smoked white meat turkey dogs they are like bun length and very tasty not rubbery like some hotdogs. They are also 1 point. glad to share.

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I am personally not a big fan of the ballpark brand (or any ff hot dog), but I LOVE the Hebrew National 97% ff hot dogs. They are 1 pt as well, and taste a lot more "real" to me. They're a bit pricey, so we only buy them maybe twice a year - beginning and end of the summer - for grilling, but there are 9 in a pack and it's only two of us, so it's plenty to get my hot dog fix.

Just thought I'd pass that along for anyone who is like me and doesn't love the ff ones. These taste so much like regular fat hot dogs, I can't believe it. DBF didn't even realize they were "light."

I agree with the Hebrew brand on taste and they can be pretty pricey. I usually stock up when I see them at Super Walmart 2 for $5.00 - a much better deal than the other grocery stores in my area where they can run close to $4.00 a package! I buy the Wonder Light hamburger and hotdog buns. One for 1 point or 2 for 3 points.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest OnPoints729

I tried the Ballpark the other day....YUMMY! I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it's b/c I haven't had a hot dog in soooo long? LOL! But I really liked it!

Just a heads up....there are $1.00 coupons in a lot of women's magazines this month. You know that little booklet that is sometimes in the middle of magazines? Check it out! :)

I had some Ballparks recently and found them to be good. I'll look for the 97% FF Hebrew Nationals; that's the hot dog I always went with before, so I'm glad they have a low fat version out. Being kosher, they're more "pure" than other hotdogs. They don't have the icky stuff other hot dogs do.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Sweetz - If you have the "Wonder" brand around you, their light hot dog and hamburger buns are each one point.

I like the Ballpark FF hotdogs, but they don't taste like "real" hot dogs to me. I usually slather them in mustard. I've been reading about the Hebrew National hot dogs, and my WalMart has them, but I never picked them up. Maybe I will try them. What is the Nutritional Info on the Hebrew National?

never mind, I'm gonna look it up...

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Guest Valerie1124

Those are yummy hot dogs! I buy the wonder light hot dog buns for 1 point.

Guest Me4Me

Nature's Own makes a WhiteWheat hot dog bun that's only 1 point. And when I plug it into the WW online tracker, 2 buns come out to 1.5 points instead of 2. I guess it's from the fiber in them. But anyway, I like these buns, not dry like I have found some other "light" brands to be. These aren't labeled as light, but like I said, when you do the calculations it comes out to one per bun.

For anyone (like me) who can't find the Ballpark or Hebrew National hotdogs in their neck of the woods, I found Oscar Meyer 99% FF Turkey dogs, and they were great (40 cal, 1 g fat) just as an FYI. :)

Kate

SW: 257 (1/1/10) CW: 257 (1/1/10)

No more baby weight goal: 225

Love my twins, don't love the baggage they left behind!

Guest mary_low

I also like the Oscar Mayer hot dogs. My store has Merita Lite Wheat hot dog buns that are only one point. The Oscar Mayer hot dogs are made from turkey which is not awesome. But with ketchup and mustard and only 4 points for 2, I can deal.

I had some Ballparks recently and found them to be good. I'll look for the 97% FF Hebrew Nationals; that's the hot dog I always went with before, so I'm glad they have a low fat version out. Being kosher, they're more "pure" than other hotdogs. They don't have the icky stuff other hot dogs do.

We always ate Hebrew National when I was a kid for the same reason. Just be careful when you look for these...they have a rf version which is like 3-4 pts I think, but the one I am talking about is the 97% ff kind. It's the classic package, but the writing is green I think...haven't had them since the summer so I don't remember off the top of my head.

Someone asked about NI for them - it's 50 calories/2.5 fat (I think)/0 fiber = 1 pt.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

We always ate Hebrew National when I was a kid for the same reason.

My mom always used to get the Hebrew National brand as well. I have tried the Oscar Meyer turkey dogs - they tasted so-so, and the texture was way off. I actually threw most of them out. After I read your post about the 97% FF HN franks, I had to buy them. Yum! They taste really good, and the texture is great. I kept thinking, how can they be only 1 point? Maybe it has something to do with those little white specks they have inside.. I don't even want to know what they are... :bcb_wink3

Thanks for your post!

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

Weight pre-1st-baby: 150

After the kids.....

SW: 209 (3/10/08)

CW: 164.9 (5/19/10)

GW: 150