Health Discovery Network
duroc_2000

CHEAP CHEAP Banquet Chicken fried rice and egg roll meals

Just discovered these meals and they figure out to only 4 pts and they're really good. Portion size is on par with other meals and these cost me all of 88 cents a piece. Thats great compared to the 2.50 to 5 dollars for other meals.

HW: 570 ( Pretty big huh?)

SW: 511.8 ( Well thats a little better)

CW: 469

IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact. It's an opinion.

I will put that on my list today to check out at the store. That along with a salad will make a great and quick lunch to take to work.

Lisa

Lisa

HW 199.8/ SW 177.6/ CW 168.8 GW ??

Goals

Lose 5lbs met 2/23/07

Lose 10lbs met

Lose 15lbs

meet 10%

Just discovered these meals and they figure out to only 4 pts and they're really good. Portion size is on par with other meals and these cost me all of 88 cents a piece. Thats great compared to the 2.50 to 5 dollars for other meals.

Calorie King shows this meal at 6 points each. I don't know what the box says, but I figured I'd put that out there. 6 points still isn't that bad, though.

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Box says 1 meal=200 cal, 5 grams fiber, and 7 grams fat. Thats 4 pts. Either the box or the web site lies. hmmm

HW: 570 ( Pretty big huh?)

SW: 511.8 ( Well thats a little better)

CW: 469

IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact. It's an opinion.

Maybe the CK website isn't up to date : )

Everything is shrinking these days, maybe the Banquet meal did too:bcb_grin

You can't get there from here.

Guest sweetz0625

Are these filling? They dont seem like they would be. Just wondering

Box says 1 meal=200 cal, 5 grams fiber, and 7 grams fat. Thats 4 pts. Either the box or the web site lies. hmmm

I ended up buy one of these and I took the points value from the box. I contacted Calorie King and let them know of the discrepancy. Anyhoo, I had the meal for lunch and it was pretty good! I had to add some low sodium soy sauce to the rice though. It is high in sodium, so I'll have to up my water intake. Oh well. The eggroll was small but decent. It definitely satisfied my Chinese food craving. At just about $1 each, I definitely buy these again.

Amanda

I'm so excited to try these- insanely low points and price for a portion-controlled version of 2 of my favorite foods! Thanks very much for the heads up!

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Guest xserene_queenx

I just bought some of these again after not finding them anywhere for a while and I think Banquet may have changed their recipe a bit because now the nutrition facts are 310 calories, 10g fat, and 4g fiber so now they are really 6 points. I was a bit saddened when I saw this. =( Anyone else notice the change in nutrition facts?

**Edit: I checked Banquet's website and it says they are 200 calories with 7g fat, and 5g fiber. I'm really confused as to which one to go by now. And it is the the EXACT same thing as what I use to get, its not any bigger of a portion.

Always go with what the label says as sometimes formulas are changed and not updated on websites.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I agree with Joanne! I noticed the nutritional changes a few months back. IMO, they are still decent for 6 points. I just make sure not to eat them before a WI! :bcb_grin

Amanda