Health Discovery Network

this is not my original recipe but I cannot remember where I got it...

this recipe serves 4 @ 5 points a serving

3 cups cooked chicken breast -cubed

1 1/2 cups celery -sliced

1 medium onion -chopped

3 cups mushrooms -sliced, fresh

14 1/2 ounces fat free chicken broth

3 T soy sauce

2 T corn starch

1/2 cup cold water

8 ounces bean sprouts

combine chicken. celery, onion, mushrooms, broth & soy sauce. bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutesor until veggies are tender. Stir in bean sprouts.

In a small bowl combine cold water & cornstarch, blend until smooth.

Over medium high heat gradually add cornstarch mix to chicken mix, stirring constantly until thickened.

Serve over rice (add points for rice)

I do not add the mushrooms because DH & my kids would DIE if they ate a mushroom so I add more bean sprouts. This is one of my favorites!

-Kim

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

this was great, easy and very tastey!!!!! will make it again! my 2yrold liked it too, his brothers no so much. LOL

Thanks for posting!!!

Kyoot

p.s. forgot to mention, I also left out hte mushrooms due to allergy in thehouse but added in 1 julienned Sliced Carrot for color. :)

me too...hope more people are anjoying it and just not posting about it. if not they are missing out! it's on the menu for tonight!

BTW- love the carrots. thanks for the addition!

-Kim

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

I Still lvoe this stuff, it's one of my favorites, I just wish my kids liked it more, oh well more for my planned seconds :)

Kyoot

Tried the Chow Mein recipe on NY Eve and absolutely loved it.

I made more then the recipe called for but it's great for leftovers.

:bcb_wink3

I made this last week and now I'm going to be picking up more supplies to do it again. I also gave the recipe to my MIL over the phone, she's trying to get healthier.

I'm bumping this up for a friend... :) hehee ok and so I don't have to go hunting. :p

Guest Sisse

Yum, this was good! And with brown rice, a serving was huge, more than I could eat even! I sauteed the onions, mushrooms, and celery first, along with lots of garlic, then added the chicken, chicken broth and sprouts. I also added water chestnuts for a little crunch! We will definitely make it again!

Hi everyone iam new to this site...and just happened upon this recipe and tried it for supper .....well Ican see why its your favorite.....and now its mine to it was absolutly delicious...hubby thought i order it....yes it was a hit to say the least....I ty for such a treat...have a great on program july long week end