Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Liz D.

1 point muffin mastercook help

Could someone who has a recipe program run this through for me. It is a modification of the 1 point muffin that was posted awhile back but I have modified it. Thanks in advance.

1 1/4 cup skim milk

1 1/2 cup wheat bran

1/4 cup brown sugar packed

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 T. baking powder

2 egg whites

1 T. vanilla

1 T. cinnamon

6 pkgs or 2 t. Splenda

1/4 t. salt

1 cup Chunky Fruit in fruit juice (blended into puree) info: 1/2 cup serving 60 cal. 0 fat 1 g fiber

Combine milk, wheat bran, and brown sugar and let set 15 min.

Combine flour and baking powder, cinnamon, salt and splenda and stir to mix well. Add the bran mixture, chunky fruit puree, egg whites and vanilla and stir until moistened.

Coat muffin pan with spray and fill 3/4 full with batter, bake at 350' for 18 min.

Makes 12 servings.

These are really good and I think they should only be 1 point but need someone to figure it for me. Thanks alot. LIz

Liz D. <br />ww sw: 313.8 <br />4/1/03: 313.8 pounds <br />8/25/03 282.2<br /><br />100lb. challenge April 10.2 lbs.<br />May 12 pounds (total 22.2) June 2 lbs (total 24.2)July 7.6 lbs. (total 31.8) Aug. plus .2 lbs.

Liz:

I put this in the recipe builder on WWOnline and it came out to be one point. They sound good...I'll have to try them!

Linda<br /><br />SW 202.4 7/31/16<br />CW 192.2 8/28/16<br />GW 135

Thanks so much! I thought I was right but sometimes it's nice to be sure!

Liz D. <br />ww sw: 313.8 <br />4/1/03: 313.8 pounds <br />8/25/03 282.2<br /><br />100lb. challenge April 10.2 lbs.<br />May 12 pounds (total 22.2) June 2 lbs (total 24.2)July 7.6 lbs. (total 31.8) Aug. plus .2 lbs.

My program came out to 1.8 points which would round out to 2 points.

105 calories, 5 fiber, 1 fat

This is still the lowest point muffin recipe I have found...thanks for the recipe!

* Exported from MasterCook *

One Point Muffin (1.8 points)

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 12

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/4 cup skim milk

1 1/2 cup wheat bran

1/4 cup brown sugar -- packed

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

2 each egg whites

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 tablespoon cinnamon

2 teaspoons Splenda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup Chunky Fruit in Juice -- pureed

Combine milk, wheat bran, and brown sugar and let set 15 min.

Combine flour and baking powder, cinnamon, salt and splenda and stir to mix well. Add the bran mixture, chunky fruit puree, egg whites and vanilla and stir until moistened.

Coat muffin pan with spray and fill 3/4 full with batter, bake at 350' for 18 min.

Makes 12 servings.

Per serving: 105 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (5% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; trace Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

On my weigh to slim