Health Discovery Network
Bethibabee

Pineapple CoreN muffin

Well, hubby did it again! He came up with another new muffin combination for me to try and they're YUMMO! He said, I bet it would taste like Pineapple upside down cake and he's so smart! lol We used the basic Barbaras corn muffin recipe and tweaked it.

1 1/2 cups cornmeal

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup skim milk

1/4 cup butter buds® or molly mcbutter

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

2 tablespoons(20 pkts) Splenda -- optional for a sweet muffin, increase as you like for desired sweetness

1 cup crushed pineapple

Mix all ingredients

Spray muffin pan with non stick cooking spray and fill muffin cups with batter. Cook in a 350° for 30 minutes. makes 12 muffins

Moist and delicious!

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

What would happen if you left out the butter buds?

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Do you think this recipe would work with cream of wheat instead of corn?

Susan

179/1169/120

why would you want to leave out butter buds? I dont know if it works or not...and I dont know if it works with cream of wheat....probably would be way too dense.

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

This sounds like a great recipe just as is. Think I'll try them out. I'm doing flex, but like to use core foods. I'll just figure the points. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Deb

SW-198

CW-170.4 8/15/08

GW-155

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."

yum....can't wait to try!

SW/CW/GW

172/150/130

Lily born 1/3/05

Sadie born 8/15/06

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

I don't know if it would effect the texture since butter buds are powder but I have seen butter flavor extract near the vanilla extract if the butter buds are only for butter flavor. I'm not sure how you'd convert it though. You might just have to go by trial and error.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

why would you want to leave out butter buds? I dont know if it works or not...and I dont know if it works with cream of wheat....probably would be way too dense.

I wanted to make this last week and I had all the ingredients in the house but the butter buds. I didnt feel like running to the grocery store for just one item.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Boy I know that feeling of not having one ingredient!

I truely don't know if there would be a substitute for Butter Buds other than Molly McButter or any other powder form butter substitute. Look in the Spice aisle of your grocery store.

I don;t know if it;s just the butter flavor or if its the fact that its a solid...I don't kow.

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

These are just marvelous! Thanks so much for the recipe.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Guest divinroatan

This is probably a dumb question, but . . .

I am assuming the 1/4 c. Butter Buds means Butter Buds mixed with water and not just the concentrated powder - right?

NO! Do not mix it with water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its dry : ) BTW these would be perfect with your Easter dinner Ham : )

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

Bethi,

You are georgous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your transformation is stunning!

I bet your hubbie doesn't let you out without him:bcbkickbu!

Did you do CORE the whole time?

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

Thank you all for the compliments : ) Yes I have always done Core! Everyone is different but for me... Flex is too much like a "diet" . If I had to weigh, measure, and count every bite I would fail and I know it. I love Core! I really need to update that slideshow too lol

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

Yummy! I made these this weekend and they were very good! Next time I'm going to use just a little more Splenda - I think they'd taste better a tad more sweeter... It was so nice to have something easy to grab and in the "bread" category! :bcb_up

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Thank you for sharing the recipe, and the slide show too. You are an inspiration!! You look great!! I am anxious to try these.

I made these today.

Has anyone tried silicone cups to bake them in? They stuck to the muffin tin even though I sprayed it.

I was searching for a muffin receipe. I need it now so I am going to replace butterbuds with applesauce and see what happens. I need something sweet and i can't afford any more pts today. Thanks will respond tommorrow and let you know.

ce sera sera

Hello everyone,

I tried this receipe but replaced butter buds with 1/4 c.apple sauce and added 3 T. of splenda instead of 2 . I beat all wet ingredients together and just blended into dry until just mixed. Made 12 muffins as well. OMG. I will have these for breakfast tommorrow(just until satisfied) lol

thanks so much . am looking forward to trying more muffin receipes.

EP

ce sera sera

I made these today.

Has anyone tried silicone cups to bake them in? They stuck to the muffin tin even though I sprayed it.

I haven't tried silicone but if you make them in the paper cups be prepared to eat a lot of paper along with them. Extra fiber! :bcb_grin

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Had them last night when they were very warm and they were mosit and delicious. I had them this morning for breakfast and they were good but a bit dry. remember i used the applesauce instead of the butter buds. i will try them again if I can find this product in Edmonton.

Question: So now that I have 8 muffins left, can I use them for a snack and not a meal?

confused as how many I can have?

ce sera sera