Health Discovery Network
NewfieNat

Broken Toe

Hi,

I broke my big toeicon9.gif, I'm just wondering how long it takes to heal? I broke it 5 days ago I put ice on it and taped it using medical tape!Did any other members break there toe? Any replies would be greatly appreciatedicon12.gif

I broke my little toe 3 weeks ago. My story is here http://www.kurlylox.com/blog/

I never went to the doctor for my little toe, cause I have heard that the only thing they do is tape it to the other toe. I really don't know if it was borken but it swelled up three times its normal size, and turned all black and blue and purple. (the picture was taken 4 days after the incident happened, so the swelling had gone down)

This is the first week I have been able to walk without limping. I haven't gone back to excercise class yet, I was going to give it another week of rest before I went back.

Usually the tape comes off in 2-4 weeks. I would wait until at least 6 weeks before you start jogging on it. In the meantime, stay off of it, put ice (or frozen peas, etc), and elevate.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4