Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LilPup

Carrot Raisin Salad

This is a great salad. At 8 servings, the serving sizes are 1 and nearly a 1/3 cup for 1 pt. At 12 servings (about 3/4 cup) the point value according to the recipe builder was still 1 pt.

Carrot Raisin Salad

POINTS® value | 1

Servings | 12

Ingredients

8 cup shredded carrots ( about 10 large)

1/2 cup raisins

8 oz canned crushed pineapple in juice ( do not drain)

3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise

1/4 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener

Instructions

Mix all ingredients together and chill. Toss slightly before serving.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

This salad was delicious...something I haven't made since I was a little kid. It may sound gross, but I added a few blue cheese crumbles on top (added in the extra point of course) and loved it.

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

Double check your points...I just ran this through MC and it comes out to 2 pts per serving for 8 servings and 1 pt per serving for 12 servings.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I ran it through the Weight Watchers Recipe builder for both sizes with e-tools to obtain the point value.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

The NI can vary from brand to brand. It's always best to find out points based on the particular brands each individual chooses to use. The WW recipe builder and even MC cook uses generic information unless you enter the NI from a certain brand... My point is everyone should always check points for themselves and not rely on a generic recipe.

The recipe is very good btw. I made it yesterday using a reduced-fat mayo, which of course changes points as well.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Wow, this sounds great- thanks for sharing it! :bcb_smile

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

bumping this up!

I made this all last summer and it was a hit! I love it with craisins also, instead of the raisins. My whole family begs for this.

SW-198

CW-170.4 8/15/08

GW-155

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."

One cup of something can greatly differ based on the size of the things being measured. One cup of really big raisins will be lower points than one cup of really small raisins, since there is less air in the cup with the small raisins. This is why I prefer recipes that use weight instead of volume for anything that's not a liquid.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png