Health Discovery Network
haleyj

Mixed Vegetable Chips

We have an Amish community not far from us, we drove up there today and went into one of the stores there, I found Mixed Vegetable Chips. Here is a list of the ingredients: carrots,squash, sweet potatoes, taro, green beans, soybean oil, dextrim, salt. I bought a bag and I tried them, very good and crunchy like potatoe chips. I just don't know if I should eat something like this, what do you all think?

I think they are probably very similar to potato chips.

Do they have about 150 cal per serving? Are they fried in the oil?

I suspect they are about 3 points for a very small serving, just like potato chips are.

Whether you want to eat them is up to you.

Personally, I would pass!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

It's the oil not the potato that is pointy about potato chips. I have a feeling they are prepared like potato chips as well. Do they leave a grease print on a paper towel?

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

oh no just went back into the kitchen, there is some grease spots on the towel now. the bag of veggie chips just went in the trash.