Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Cheddar and Chile Egg Casserole

Hi all,

Made this one this morning for breakfast and we loved it! So easy to throw together, and very filling. Would be great for a brunch dish, too. Enjoy! :bcb_up

Christine

Cheddar and Chile Egg Casserole

Servings: 6

Adapted from Rachael Ray's Magazine

1 tbsp. olive oil

5 large eggs, beaten

1 cup fat-free cottage cheese

1/2 cup shredded fat-free or soy cheddar cheese

1 4-oz. can diced green chiles

1/4 cup flour (less than 1 point per serving)

1/2 tsp. baking powder

Salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8" square baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients.

Pour into the prepared dish and bake until set, about 35 minutes.

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Bumping for Samira. My family loves this recipe! We even have it for dinner with a nice big salad!

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I've been leaving out the flour and it's fine. I've also been increasing the recipe to 9 eggs, 2 cups of cottage cheese and I've been adding mushrooms, onions and green peppers to it.

It makes a huge casserole full (9x12pan) and I get 10 servings out of it.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Bump! This a favorite at your house. I serve it with a big salad and some fruit! :bcb_bigsm Perfect fast and easy summer dinner.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Bumping this up!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Thanks, Sailorwoman, :salut "there is your aye-aye, Captain!"

Any thoughts on how much; say, chopped spinach or chopped broccoli one would add to this recipe? And my cottage cheese is Cabots and it is very large curds, would you blend it up, or buy a smaller curd kind?

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Any thoughts on how much; say, chopped spinach or chopped broccoli one would add to this recipe? And my cottage cheese is Cabots and it is very large curds, would you blend it up, or buy a smaller curd kind?

I'd use about a half-cup of spinach or broccoli to start. You might be able to put in 2/3 cup. More than that and it might begin to fall apart, but it would still taste good!

As for the cottage cheese, I use Cabot's Fat Free a lot, and I just stir it in the container and put it in without blending.

Hope you enjoy it!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Made this for breakfast this morning. Very good and filling. Needs a bit more spice I think.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Sheri I had made this before but this bumping up reminded me and I took your advice. I made it last night and added some cayenne pepper and just a little salsa. Then I forgot to eat it for breakfast. Will have it for lunch!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

I made this this morning. I heated up a can of Rotel and we had some on the top of it. Next time I will put green peppers and onions in when I mix it up

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180