Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruthanne

Is it legal to count 1/2 points

Guest Ruthanne

I was wondering if I am allowed to count in 1/2 points? Does anyone know what the rule is? Thanks. :confused:

Guest slave2cats

Sure it's legal to count 1/2 pts. Some buddies count 1/10 pts :eek: , but that's too much math for me ;)

Guest mbridgetbidwell

i heard that the WW police will show up and promptly bust your kneecaps. ;) crazy.gif

Guest FirstCavWife
Originally posted by mbridgetbidwell:

i heard that the WW police will show up and promptly bust your kneecaps. ;) crazy.gif

Which is why I keep all my doors and windows locked!!! I've been counting Half Points since the day I started...with great success!!!

I do my journaling on my Palm Pilot and it has an option to do Half Points. .1 and .2 are rounded down to the whole. .3, .4, .5, .6, and .7 are rounded to the half point, and .8 and .9 are rounded up to the next whole.

If you are comfortable with Half Points....and it makes you feel better to use them (I am extremely anal and 'have' to use them :D ), then I wholeheartedly encourage you to go for it!!!

-Dawn

Heck yea! I started with halfpoints. a halfpoint here and halfpoint there could add up to like.. well a skinnycows worth of half points! cant deny yourself that skinnycow if youve got a couple of points now can you?

THAT would have truely been a crime =)

Tiff

Guest girlinmotion

I counted half points the whole time I was losing. The only caution, is that if you are going to count them you have to count them constently and "round" them properly. So if it is 1.3 points, that's 1.5 in your journal. And if it's 1.2 points, thats 1.0 in your journal...

Overall, I figure it balances out no matter whether you count full points, half points or down to the 0.1 point detail...as long as you are consistent with your rounding.

Guest jmjgtodd

I agree with Dawn! Go ahead and count the 1/2 points as long as your are willing to round the .6 and aboves to a whole point. You can't really do this with the calculator because it only rounds to the whole number. The points slider calculator lets you see exactly where the point lands!

Joni

Guest FirstCavWife

Actually, when you are using Half Points you would round .6 and .7 DOWN to the Half Point as that is the nearest increment.

For instance:

1.1 and 1.2 round to 1 Point.

1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 round to 1.5 Points

1.8 and 1.9 round up to 2 Points.

Because you are using the Half Point as an increment, the cut off is the .25 and .75 mark. So anything BETWEEN (and including) .25 to .74 is the Half Point. Anything above or below these amounts would be round up or down respectively.

I hope that makes sense and clears it up.

-Dawn

Guest FirstCavWife

ACK!

Double Post!

kiss.gif

-Dawn

Guest slave2cats

See?

I told you it was too much math ;)

Guest Ruthanne

Thanks all! So many Buddies can't be wrong - I am counting 1/2 points. I wonder how many Activity Points I can earn doing the math. ;)

I definitely count 1/2 points, and round up accordingly.

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"