Health Discovery Network
sassysmiles

Crispy Chicken (Easy 3 Bowl Job)

I made this for years and I really like it as an alternative to fried chicken. I can't remember where I got the recipe from (I'm thinking Oprah but not sure) but anyway, here it is. My family really likes it...perhaps you will too.

Serves 4 @ 5 points!

4- 4oz RAW (boneless/skinless) chicken breasts (12)

2 1/2 cups special K (NOT CRUSHED) (4)

4 Tbsp flour (2)

2 egg whites (1)

Nonstick spray

salt, pepper to taste...and any herbs/spices you like! BE CREATIVE!!!

Preheat oven to 350*C.

Cut each chicken breast into 3 long fingers...for a total of 12. Set aside.

Bowl #1- Mix flour with your liking of salt and pepper...AND herbs/spices you like. I use about a TBSP of parsley because my kids like plain things. BUT... you could certainly spice it up by using what ever you like...paprika, dry mustard, taco seasoning, cajun...etc!

Bowl #2- Add both egg whites. Wisk with a fork for a few seconds.

Bowl #3- Add Special K. DON'T crush them.

Okay...you are set. Spray a light spray of nonstick spray to a baking sheet. Now you dip and coat! Dip and coat each strip of chicken in Bowl #1, #2 and #3 in that exact order and lay on baking sheet.

Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Depending on your oven)

**NOTES**

I serve my portion of chicken with a big garden/veggie salad and a 4 oz baked potato for a low point dinner.

Sometimes I don't cut the chicken at all and just make 4 crispy chicken breasts. Just cook it for longer.

And sometimes, I cut this recipe in half (2 breasts) when my family wants the famous take out kind. I have my "healthier" version while they eat the "not so healthy" chicken and they always have leftovers.... so...I still have the second "healthier" chicken breast for the next day so I am not tempted by their leftovers. :bcb_smile

Don't forget...if you dip your chicken in your favorite dip/sauce...add the points! :bcb_wink3

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

Sassy~

Thank's for the recipe,sound's really good!I can't wait to try it..I haven't had any fried chicken in about 8mths. and this sound's great!:bcb_up

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080]Sandy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Only I can change my life..No one can do it for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Carol Burnett[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4] [/SIZE][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5sUhy2/"][/URL] HW-CW-GW 246-239-150

This sounds SO good. Just getting ready to go to the grocery store to buy Special K. Can't wait to taste this. Thanks............:bcb_bigsm

OK wow! This was amazing!!!! I just made this for the first time tonight and it was GREAT! Soooooo crispy for being made in the oven. I gave up fried food for Lent so have been craving it like CRAZY! This really hit the spot, it's being put in my "make again" list. DB also loved it...he thinks the crispier the better and this was it! Thanks!

Kerensa

recommited: 7/15/2008

SW: 197.6

CW: 189.4

??? Due to Hurricane Ike

Total Loss - 8.2

The only thing I need for this is Special K cereal. I'm adding this to my must try recipe list. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Thanks, Sassyone! Looks great!

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton