Health Discovery Network
Eli82

Any Suggestions

My first meeting was Monday in the evening. So far I have not had a chance to get to the grocery store to stock my pantry with good foods, fruits and veggies. Today I did stay within my points and got all my water. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any foods that would be good to start out with? Are there any good snacks that are not crazy full of points but will feel those chocolate fixes, etc. I did have a craving tonight for something really good and most likely fattening, but instead of eatting anything that may fill that craving I drank some water, chewed some gum and got busy with homework. That may have worked tonight but I don't think I'll be that lucky every night!!! Any ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Starting Weight: 189.2

Current Weight: 182.2

Goal Weight: To Be Decided

Started WW 3/12/07

Week 1 - (-2.8 lbs)

Week 2 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 3 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 4 - (-0.2lbs) <---Easter/Birthday weekend so I was happy to loose something!

Guest crystal1977

I, too, have to get that chocolate fix on regular basis. The best thing I have found is the Hostess "light" cupcakes. They look and taste exactly like the regular ones, but are only 2 points each. Thay are YUMMY!!! I found them at Wal-Mart, and I think they were about $2.50 for a box of eight. Try them, you won't be disappointed.

Guest crystal1977

I'm sorry, I told you wrong. They are three points each, not two.

Guest queenbydefault

I just started ww last week, and I am a snacker! While I am trying to stick to fruits to fill those sweet cravings, I am hooked on the 100 calorie snacks. They are only $2/box. My favorites are Keeblers fudge striped cookies and the oreos. They are little bitty cookies, but they satisfy and most of them are only two points!

I have the Hostess mini chocolate cupcakes, 1 point per package of 3. I also use the 100 calorie packs quite often. I love the grasshoppers. They got me over the hump on those girl scout cookie, thin mints.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

If you keep depriving yourself, then you will fall off the wagon. Blue Bell fudge pops are only 1 point for two!!! sf ff pudding, 2 pts. and yes, those 100 calorie packs are good to have for the munchies without going crazy!! I almost forgot Swiss Miss Diet Hot chocolate, 1 pt. Judy:bcb_bigsm

sw 169

cw 161.82

gw 158:jump_jack Judy

I love the CocoaVia bars. The dark chocolate w/ blueberries are only 2 pts. each and the chocolate is so dark and rich that it really satisfy's my craving! They make a milk chocolate but it is 3 pts. and I could eat the whole box. One of the dark really satisfy's me more.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Kraft sugar free chocolate pudding snack pack = 1pt.

Cocoa via chocolate bars are great ( I usually find them at a cvs drug store and today I bought them at bed bath and beyond - I guess that was the beyond :-)

Big dessert : shortcake cup (like they sell by the strawberries in the produce section - check it but it's usually 2 pts) filled with 3/4 c sliced strawberries and 2 tble fat free cool whip = 3pts. Huge and really fresh!

100 calorie Microwave popcorn - this lasts a while as its so many cups = 2 pts

I found carb control cocoa mix that is 25 cals per packet so two cups of cocoa for 1 pt to help you get throught TOM

Wishing you happy shopping!

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

Guest j621d

Besides CocaVia (yum) I like to have sf/ff instant pudding. You could put some sliced bits of fruit and I put about a tablespoon of Fiber One in it for the crunch factor. This also gives you some milk credit (make it with ff milk), and fruit!

I find CocoaVia at Publix (if you live in the southeast) or Target.

WW 2 point bars are another good option. I love the pb chocolate chip and the chocolate carmel.

Frozen treats do it for me, too. WW Cookies and Cream bars are TO DIE FOR and only 2 pts.

Also, consider if any kind of fruit will help you bulk up a little taste of chocolate. Dipped strawberries are a great choice, or a bowl of cherries drizzled with light chocolate sauce. If I'm feeling lazy, I measure out a small portion of semisweet chocolate chips and eat one chip with each berry or piece of fruit. :bcb_bigsm Yummy!

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I can't eat ice cream bars because the wooden stick gives me the chills everytime I touch it.

I do, however love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. They have a great consistency - you would swear that they should be 350 calories. I think that vanilla and mint (my favorite) are both 130 calories. They really satisfy my ice cream/ chocolate need without putting me over the top.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

Fiber One Bars-Oats and Chocolate 2pts

Hershey sticks are only 1pt for one but if you eat more than one the points change

Snyder pretzel nibblers, 16 is 2pts w/a wedge of laughing cow cheese (1pt per wedge)

Laughing cow cheese is like a spreadable cheese. Its good on toast, english muffins, with pretzels and with veggies.

Dannon Light and Fit is only 1pt and costs less than the WW yogurt

La Tortilla Factory makes 1pt wheat tortillas that are good for sandwich wraps

Carmen

SW: 158

CW: 136.4

Total loss: 21.6

10%: 126

PGW:120-125

Also forgot about Quaker Rice Cakes, the big ones are 1pt each and they come in tons of flavors. For your sweet tooth, the buttered toffe, chocolate chip, chocolate peanutbutter chip are really yummy. There's lots more flavors to choose from.

Carmen

I have the Hostess mini chocolate cupcakes, 1 point per package of 3. I also use the 100 calorie packs quite often. I love the grasshoppers. They got me over the hump on those girl scout cookie, thin mints.

I love these things. Any of the 100 cal snacks are great. Some are 2 & some are 3.

Kelly

BE TRUE TO YOUR SELF.

SW 187.5/CW 145/GW 137

Wk 2 -2.6

Wk 3 -2

Wk 4 - .2

Wk 5 -2

Wk 6 -1

Wk 7 +1.8

Wk 8 -1

Wk 9 -1

Wk 10 +.6

Week 11 -.6

Week 12 -1

Week 13 Missed Meeting

I also love the 1 point WW Fudge Bar. They are so big.

Kelly

BE TRUE TO YOUR SELF.

SW 187.5/CW 145/GW 137

Wk 2 -2.6

Wk 3 -2

Wk 4 - .2

Wk 5 -2

Wk 6 -1

Wk 7 +1.8

Wk 8 -1

Wk 9 -1

Wk 10 +.6

Week 11 -.6

Week 12 -1

Week 13 Missed Meeting

Blue Bell fudge pops are only 1 point for two!!!

Anything by Blue Bell = YUM I'll have to go get some of these now :bcb_grin

Cheryl

Started WW 1/22/07

SW 143 :bcb_worry

CW 135.2 :bcb_march

GW 125:bcb_bigsm

Anything by Blue Bell = YUM I'll have to go get some of these now :bcb_grin

Where do you find Blue Bell products? I haven't seen them in my area. We do have a SuperWalmart, so if they have them there, I'll have to check the frozen section more carefully.

Carmen

Nope they meant blue bell, its made in texas. it was only sold here for a logn long time, but i guess they are selling to some other states now. It was my favorite field trip when i was a kid, a trip to the blue bell creamery=)>

And so that im not totally hijacking..

a rice cake spread with a teaspoon of nutella or jam

ffmilk, banana and cocoa powder milkshake

air popped popcorn w/ chocoalte chips mixed in---you can air pop popcorn in a brown lunch bag in the microwave

i also love the portioned 100 calorie snack bags

look at the core recipe forum for lots of low point and filling baked goods

Catherine 295/229/op