Health Discovery Network
GentleSeaMammal

Just introducing myself

Hi there, I joined WW yesterday...I have about 21 lbs to lose. Nice to find this message board. It looks really great!

*Joined WW 3/18/07*

SW:151.0

CW:138.2

GW:130.0

PGW: 125.0

Welcome to BCB, GentleSeaMammal. :wave: Find a home board or two and post often for support. We're glad to have you here. :)

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Welcome - you have found a great new home

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

:welcome: Welcome new BCB!!!! Glad you're here!! Yes, you have found a great group of people that will support you every step of the way. See you around on the boards.

Wendy

sw 213.6 / 2-1-07 :bcb_down

cw 202.6 :bcb_happy

wwgw 150

pgw 140

HI:

I have just started Weight Watchers. I have a question though, I am trying to do it at home, no meetings. Is this wise? I have 40-45lbs to lose. I am using information from former members, online information and an e-book package I purchased on e-bay. I figure I need to have 19 pts a day. My height is 5'4" and weight is 168.

I have be physically active for a couple of weeks now:bcb_grin , so jumping on that wagon is no problem. I do at least 30-45 minutes of speed-walking (avering 2-3miles)alternating with with pilates, yoga, and strength training.

Any great help and advise would be very awesome!

thanks Jamie

HI:

I have just started Weight Watchers. I have a question though, I am trying to do it at home, no meetings. Is this wise? I have 40-45lbs to lose. I am using information from former members, online information and an e-book package I purchased on e-bay. I figure I need to have 19 pts a day. My height is 5'4" and weight is 168.

I have be physically active for a couple of weeks now:bcb_grin , so jumping on that wagon is no problem. I do at least 30-45 minutes of speed-walking (avering 2-3miles)alternating with with pilates, yoga, and strength training.

Any great help and advise would be very awesome!

thanks Jamie

Welcome! Personally couldn't have done it without the meetings. I needed to be accountable to someone else (and that scale) every week. Even if you decide to do it by yourself you really owe it to yourself to get the current materials and information. You can do that by attending at least one meeting (and yes, you will have to pay to join to get the materials) or by subscribing to online or purchasing the At Home package. It's just too dangerous trying to do the program with old materials. The way the daily point total is figured is now based on a calculation that takes more into account that just your current weight.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02