Health Discovery Network
Guest Sunddycat

difficult going to the gym....

Guest Sunddycat

Hi, everyone. I'm just having such a hard time going to the gym past few weeks. I joined the gym right before the Thanksgiving last year. The gym I joined had a such a good deal in memembership, so I decided to go ahead to join. However, my problem of going to gym started after I moved to my new house where is almost 1hr away from the gym. There are seveal branches of this gym in the US. However, this gym is still new, so there is only one location where I used to live. I sighned the contract to this gym until November. I don't want to cancel the membership because 1)I like this gym, 2) this gym has the best deal of all the gyms that I can find in where I live. so here is the question to ask... how do you drag yourself to go to the gym??:ugh:

Well I think anyone would have trouble going to a gym if it was almost an hour away from their house. Do you work near it or anything? I know you like the gym and don't want to cancel the memebership but maybe it would be in your best interest if you canceled and found one close to you, or find out if there are any plan soon of opening one near you. I bet you would be more willing to go to the gym if it didn't take so long to get to. Think of all the gas you're using to get there. Maybe it would be cheaper in the long run to get a near gym membership. Good luck to you!

Starting Weight: 189.2

Current Weight: 182.2

Goal Weight: To Be Decided

Started WW 3/12/07

Week 1 - (-2.8 lbs)

Week 2 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 3 - (-2.0lbs)

Week 4 - (-0.2lbs) <---Easter/Birthday weekend so I was happy to loose something!

Yikes...i would have trouble going to a gym that is 1 hr away too. I know my old gym had a clause in the contract about cancellation if you move over a certain number miles away from the gym. Bally's has a clause in there too about being able to cancel if you are xx miles away from a branch. I highly advise going back through the initial contract you signed with the gym and seeing if they have a cancellation policy that allows people that move away from the gym to cancel with no penalty. Even if they don't..if you go in and explain the situaion, they may take pity on you and help you out. If not, it may be worth it just to cancel and pay the penalty and find a gym closer to home.

I agree with the lovely ladies.. find a gym closer to home. That will make it a little bit easier.

But, like you, I have a hard time going to the gym a lot too.. but GUARANTEE you if you just MAKE yourself get up for just ONE WEEK, you will definitely start going. The first week, was SO tough, especially because I started getting up an hour earlier than normal (5am). I placed my alarm clock on top of our television in the bedroom so I would have to GET UP to turn it off. This only made me go back to the bed and get back up the first day. The second day, when the alarm woke me up, I headed back for the bed, and the first thought I had was a quote from a BCB member's signature: If I cheat on the plan, I only cheat myself. And so, I got up, and I washed my face (which definitely helped in waking me up), brushed my teeth, grabbed a drink of water, and headed for the gym. My WHOLE day was better- I had more energy and I was in a better mood! The second day.. first alarm, with no hesistation I started my routine over with. I went the whole first week. The next week, I missed out on Monday, and boy did I feel bad! My whole day was thrown off.

In my case, working out in the morning works for me, because I really don't have time after work, and getting up in the morning, I don't have any excuse not to go (I'm an excuse kind of girl). Plus, it gets it over with, so you can free up your afternoon for whatever else. You just have to find out what's right for you, and remember to tell yourself (out LOUD if you have to) that you are doing this for YOURSELF and no one else - and only YOU know if you are doing it at the best of your ability. Don't lie to yourself! Get up and do it!

There's my BCB :bcb_kick: for today.

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

Guest gonnabehealthy

If you really don't want to find a more convenient gym, can you make an appt to meet someone there? That is the only thing which gets me to the gym. I bought a membership w/guest priviledges then invited family members to join me. It was definitely worth the extra $.