Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kidlets2

Chicken Alfredo Pie

This is very good comfort food, but watch the kind of alfredo sauce you use. I use the Classico 4 cheese alfredo sauce and it's 80 calories for a 1/4 c .

Chicken Alfredo Pie

from www.busycooks.about.com

9 servings @ 7 Points

1 tube refrigerated soft breadstick dough

16 oz jar alfredo pasta sauce

1/2 c milk

1# frozen mixed veggies, thawed and drained

1# cooked cubed chicken

1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese

1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 375. In a large saucepan, combine pasta sauce, milk veggies, and chicken and heat to boiling stirring frequently. Combine cheese and seasoning in a small bowl or plate. Unroll breadsticks dough to form 12 strips. Twist each strip and roll in cheese mixture. Pour chicken mixture into 13x9 glass baking dish and top with twisted breadsticks. (breadsticks should be crossways across pan) Sprinkle with any remaining cheese mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes or until breadsticks are deep golden brown.

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

this sounds delight! I will definately be picking up a few ingredients to try this one next week!

HW: 220 (pregnant)

last time I checked...179.2

GW: 158

LIFETIME: Aug. 10/06

Mom to one beautiful baby girl!

Getting hitched July 2009 in Cuba!

This looks WONDERFUL ... i just bought a deli chicken and this would be GREAT to use .. will be on our menu for tomorrow .. thanks!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Review on this recipe. Two thumbs up

I baked it for 20 minutes at 350 ... the breadsticks got nicely brown, my oven may be a bit hot. I also used a 1/3 bag of green beans . i added about 1/2 cup of water, and put it in the alfredo jar and shook it up and added it to the mix to make the mixture a bit more juicy. I will do that again next time, as we liked the "wetness" ... but it wasn't close to being soupy or thin.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

:bcb_up :bcb_up 2 thumbs WAY WAY up! This recipe is delicious...I am just in the process of making it a second time...Loved by DBF and also my WW buddy who I share all my great food finds with!!

HW: 220 (pregnant)

last time I checked...179.2

GW: 158

LIFETIME: Aug. 10/06

Mom to one beautiful baby girl!

Getting hitched July 2009 in Cuba!