Health Discovery Network
Elis0829

2 - 3 servings of "Healthy" oils per day - Help???

Hi,

I am on the flex plan and I am looking for clarification on the 2-3 servings of oils per day. I know the oils should be flax, canola, etc. Do these servings count toward my daily point allowance or not?

Thanks for the help!!!

Elissa

Don't waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I bought some flaxseed oil Softgels {1000mg} and I take 3 a day and I talked to my leader and she says they count. For the 3 softgels are 30 cals. 0 fiber. 3 fats= 1pt.

So tha way I know I'm getting 1 good fat a day.

Kelly

BE TRUE TO YOUR SELF.

SW 187.5/CW 145/GW 137

Wk 2 -2.6

Wk 3 -2

Wk 4 - .2

Wk 5 -2

Wk 6 -1

Wk 7 +1.8

Wk 8 -1

Wk 9 -1

Wk 10 +.6

Week 11 -.6

Week 12 -1

Week 13 Missed Meeting

From the WW website

Why is 2 tsp of oil each day recommended for both the Core Plan and the Flex Plan?

The oils - olive, canola, safflower, sunflower, or flaxseed oil – are recommended as they are a good source of essential fatty acids and Vitamin E. The inclusion of 2 tsp per day helps ensure that these nutritional needs are met. Oil capsules, vitamin E supplements, or seeds (flaxseeds) cannot be substituted. While those on the Core Plan should include 2 tsp of oil each day, those on the Flex Plan will need to count 2 tsp of the recommended oils as part of their weekly POINTS Allowance.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189