Health Discovery Network
bethel

Working out in front of family

Up until now, I've always done my DVD workouts after my husband went to work and my daughter was sleeping in the morning. I've been having a major breakthrough lately - I'm able to do my workouts while they're home and not feel self-conscious about it. I'm not focusing on how silly I might look, but rather feeling proud and thankful that I'm getting fitter and making the choice to exercise!

Just wanted to crow a little!

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

Great job! :bcb_up Sometimes that's why I'm thankful I live alone - it doesn't matter WHAT I wear when I workout!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I've always had issues working out in front of people, but it does make it easier when you're getting good results. Then they want you to keep doing it and won't make as much fun of you!

:strong:AmAnDa:strong:

original SW: 188 lbs

SW after recommitting: 168.2 lbs

GW: 135 lbs

Guest Chiclet

That's great! I used to feel weird about working out in front of dh, but now I don't care. LOL We should be proud of the healthy changes! I actually like working out in front of my daughters because I think it gives them a good role model!

Yay for you! At one point, my schedule was such that the only time I could work out was during my kids' naptimes - until my oldest gave up his nap! At that point, I just worked out anyway while he played nearby. I remember fondly(he's now in 1st grade and at school during the day) how he would copy me and try to do pushups or bicep curls with my 1 1b dumbbells! And I hope that, as he grows into maturity, he will remember me exercising all through his childhood. You ARE being a great role model - for everyone, even your dh!

-Jennifer

ACE-certified Personal Trainer

& WW Lifetime Member

weight.png

Dood,

Could you please give me some of your positive attitude? I don't mind making a sweatin' fool out of myself at the gym - but DH?? I don't want him seein' all my jiggle!

You are inspiration for me to try and do my workouts at home so DH and I can spend more time together.

I'll have to try to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for encouraging me! :salut

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

I always tell hubby to take my daughter and go take a nap so I can exercise in peace...lol.

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march

Actually my husband thinks it's kinda sexy when I work out. I used to think that was kind of weird but, truthfully, I think he looks pretty hot too, when he comes in from a bike ride all sweaty... Surely we're not the only ones!!

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

Marylin, You read my mind. My husband can spend hours watching me workout and always ends up with other ideas in mind.

My kids are so used to seeing me workout and know that they better not bring their friends through the house while I'm working out.

I think working out around my family lets them see that it is a priority to me and that I'm going to work out, no matter what's happening in the house.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

The first time working out in front of my husband was the hardest. Fortunately, it was a walking tape, so I wasn't doing any moves that he hadn't seen me do before. Being the gentle, tactful man that he is, he didn't say anything.

Now it's become a regular routine - we joke about which instructors are too perky, and he comments on how some of the exercises would be really good for him (he's an ice dancer).

I know he's happy to see my positive attitude towards working out (and I'm sure he likes that his arms fit better around me).

My advice: Just do it - remember that you're doing this for your well-being, and it'll pay off in all other areas of your life.

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

DH would watch me work out all the time, I have to tell him to keep his hands to himself or I'll fall over!

I sometimes push myself a lot when someone is watching and that can be good or I can over-exert trying to impress him!:bcb_grin

My kids watch me workout and we often have push-up contest and the like. It's great to know it's normal for them.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest Tat2Dolfin

Hi Everyone,

It doesn't bother me to workout in front of my hubby or kids.

my hubby and I usually workout with the weight bench together taking turns doing different exercises.. its pretty cool but sometimes trying to do some aerobics with the kids home is hard cause they start doing it to and i run outta room lol:bcb_wink3