Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest aeb54

Working out

Guest aeb54

I used my pedometer yesterday and it said that I walked 2.5 miles from 9am-7pm and most of it was up stairs. I was just wondering if this added to any of my activity points. And Im in a Pilates class two days a week. I was wondering should I do more cardio work like going to the gym and doing the elliptical for 45 min the days I dont do Pilates. Thanks again.

-Newbie :bcb_huh:

Hi! I really don't know the official answer to your question, but here is what I would do regarding whether or not to count your pedometer miles as activity points...

If the miles were accrued doing your normal daily activity, I would NOT count them. The reason for this is when you calculate your allowed points (are you doing the flex program?) you are given points depending on how active you are in your daily life. This is on p. 19 of the Week 1 "Eat Wisely" book, question 5 of the "Your Personal Daily POINTS Target" quiz.

This is assuming you do the flex plan, which is what I do. I have no idea how the core program works in regards to exercize.

As far as doing more cardio, I would say if you feel up to it, go for it! Again, I am no expert, but as long as you are not over-doing it to the point of injuring yourself, exercize as much as you can or want to.

Good luck & let me know how it's going!

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

Guest aeb54

Yah I'm on the Flex Plan. But I do Pilates, and I walk up alot if hills and stairs. And I think im going to start to go to the gym next week. But I will for sure keep you up dated. :bcb_bigsm

SW:160 (3/19/07)

CW:154 (3/27/07)

HT: 5'6"

Thanks a bunch for the help :bcb_up

I wouldn't count your daily activity as AP's. Now if you go out for a walk or running with the specific purpose of exercising then go for it. :bcb_up

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march