Health Discovery Network
lbsbgone

to join or not to join

I have been involved wiht BCB for a few months now and love the support that is provided here. I have never actually joined weight watchers and am finally seriously considering joining the online part of it (3 months is $65.00 right?) I have done the point system before, I am on board with the strategy and the process of WW, and have been successful at becoming close to my goal weight (120), but have not been able to reach it. Since then I have been gaining gradulally. i am now up to 130 (I know, not a substanial difference, but enough to drive me crazy) I feel bad knwoing that I just need to loose 10 pounds when people have been struggling and have achieved loosing 100+ pounds! I ADMIRE YOUR STRENGTH! It has taken a long time for me to realize that I am impedeing on my happiness and therefore, my success in life, becuase of these mere 10 pounds on me. Sounds so stupid, I know...i tell myslef to have fun, enjoy life, and not worry about the pounds, but I have been battling these feelings for over 10 years now and need to really put my thoughts to action or I am afraid I will never truly be happy. It is affecting the way I live and that is not fair. I am 24 and have a lot of happiness to experience, but cant get there until I say goodbye to this stupid number.

Need some almost "newbie" advice. I eat very healthy, work out everyday and dont see myself needing to change too too much, except eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am fulll and saying NO to the temptations around me!!

any advice, thoughts, critisicms, anythinggggg is welcome.

i WILL do this.

Ahh- the final home stretch....

I recently offically "re-joined" WW - but with the meetings. I did this when I was within 15 lbs of my personal goal. I declared my WW goal after I lost the required 5lbs (min after joining). And I opted for the meetings.. Although I had lost 30+lbs on my own but following WW - I needed push for these final ones.. The meetings/scale accountabilty is what I needed.. So I would suggest - opt for the monthly pass $39.95 per month - for say 2 months - get the meetings - the latest material AND the online tools are needed and that might be the missing trick.

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I would join for a couple months if you need help getting on track or if you need the validation of weighing in to someone every week.

Or if you are not working out with weight training or a variety of toning exercise you may want to put the money towards joining a gym.

I have a co worker that is 140 and wants to be 130. She is really struggling with that 10 lbs but I keep telling her she is not fat that she just needs to tone up. When you get the that point that is usually more helpful, a trainer there can tell you what you need to do to get that pesky 10 lbs to go away.

Good luck!

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march

Going to meetings will help. Don't focus on pounds, focus on size, especially if you're exercising and toning. I HAVE to do that, because I have a good exercise reginmin and I don't lose nearly as quickly as I feel I should. Because of this I focus on my body, my shape, and how I feel.

Best Wishes,

Susannah

SW: 260.6/CW: 221/PGW: 160

Started WW: 2/20/06; Rejoined: 1/26/07

Don't swallow guilt.

Guest aeb54

Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are toning you will be able to see the difference on your body in the miror rather than the numbers on the scale. But I think that im going to be in the same boat that you are when I loose about another 10 pounds. But we can do this.. :bcbkickbu

SW:160(3/19/07):bcb_huh: , CW:154 :bcb_LOL: , HT: 5'6", GW:130-140.