Health Discovery Network
Guest mochalattekona

Hostess 100 calorie packs-cupcakes

Guest mochalattekona

You have to try these if you havent yet. These are sooo yummy and just 'hit the spot' when you need a sweet fix. The chocolate w/ creme filling are 1 pt for 3 and the yellow & carrot cake are 2 pts for 3. Keep in mind that they are very small in size but do the job.

I only buy the choc as I personally dont feel the others are worth 2 of my daily points and the chocolate ones are soooo much better IMO.

ooh i tried the carrot cake one today (i was really after the chocolate, but they didnt have any...), it was pretty darn good! They are tiny, but good!

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

STILL have yet to find these. Are they with the regular Hostess cakes?

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

In all the supermarkets that I find them in they have been at the end of the aisles where the rest of the Hostess boxes are located. They blend in well with the other boxes, so look carefully.6a00c2251f8e7cf21900d414235541685e-200pi :salut MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I LOVE carrot cake, so I tried the carrot cake ones and they were just OK to me. They are very small but I felt like I was getting a lot because there were 3 of them. The "icing" was not what I expected and was kind of strange, sort of like melted marshmallow cream spread very thin. I think I will try the chocolate ones next time.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I've found them in Kroger stacked on a table in a center of an aisle with the Entenmann's stuff. Then, at another Kroger, they were in the center of the bread aisle.

Cindy

Guest rachelynn

I'm so excited to try this babies.....I love Hostess snacks!

Guest claire52

Have any Canadians found these yet?

Guest cheri_j

Good Luck finding them! They seem to disappear as soon as they hit the shelves! I have discovered that my Target stocks them sometime on Friday afternoon because if I go there after work on Fridays, they always have them. Any other time and they are out.

What I don't like is that Target will have every other hostess item on sale, but will exclude the 100-calorie packs. They are $3.99 a box.

I wish Little Debbie would come out with something soon.

In all the supermarkets that I find them in they have been at the end of the aisles where the rest of the Hostess boxes are located. They blend in well with the other boxes, so look carefully.6a00c2251f8e7cf21900d414235541685e-200pi :salut MT

They must have used the super zoom on the camera that took this picture. I found these today and they were 3.50 and I opened them and almost burst out laughing...they are the smallest cupcakes in the world! SO SO NOT WORTH IT! They taste good but I feel ripped off! :bcb_grrrr

Guest jerseymama

Yes, they are small, but I guess having three of them per pack makes you feel like you are getting more or at least eating for a longer time. They are similar in taste as the weight watcher chocolate cakes to me. I think they are worth trying. I know I would spend that much on bad foods before. They had alot when I went grocery shopping today. They were located with all the other hostess items at the:bcb_happy end of the checkout line.

I wasn't crazy about the carrot cake ones, but I tried the chocolate ones and they are wonderful! :headover:

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I like the Chocolate ones but I think they maybe a trigger for my sweet tooth. Hmmm might be a snack I have to have before brushing my teeth at night.

Erin

NEW SCALE SW 203.2

CW 197.2 (6/21/07)

5% 193.2

WW/PGW 146

I found them on sale for $2.50 a box a couple weeks ago, so finally felt justified to buy them...the whole box lasted 2 days!! geez. talk about triggering a sweet tooth...I ate one pack, it was good, opened the next package, and the next...went to bed...felt bad...boyfriend ate one pack and the next two were gone the next day. ugh! Some foods are too difficult for me to just have one (cookies & ice cream especially) so I mostly stick to not buying them. I shared about this at my WW meeting and my leader had a great suggestion - if you have this problem and want to have ice cream - DON'T BRING IT HOME! I tried this tonight, invited out a couple of friends out to Baskin Robbins, and ordered one cone, ate it, and left.

:) *sigh of happiness*

Anyway...that's my Hostess 100 Calorie pack story...and I'm stickin to it!:bcb_bigsm

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

Looks like I am definately in the minority here! I've only tried the chocolate ones, but I felt they were nothing spectacular. There's hardly any filling in them at all, and they ARE very small. Not worth it, IMO. But, then again, I'm not a cake lover. I think I'll stick with the Diet Coke Cake when I want a cake fix.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

I wish Little Debbie would come out with something soon.
Your wish is my command!

I found two kinds of 100 calorie Little Debbie snacks at my HEB grocery store: Snow Puffs (fudge cookie with marshmallow and coconut) and Marshamallow Treats (think rice krispie bar). Both are 2 points each. I thought the Snow Puff kind of on the small size but it was tasty and hit the spot. The Marshmallow treat was fair to good- not as crunchy as I would have liked.

Smoke free since 11/15/07

Your wish is my command!

I found two kinds of 100 calorie Little Debbie snacks at my HEB grocery store: Snow Puffs (fudge cookie with marshmallow and coconut)

I found these too! They remind me of Hostess Snow Balls :bcb_grin

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest juls_3fgw

The chocolate ones are really good right out of the freezer!

Regardless of size and taste - don't you just love the little phhht sound when you bite into the cupcake? It's so cute!

Made Lifetime - 2/8/06! :jump_jack

Highest Weight - 167 (twice, almost 3 times)

150/?/133

Lost 13 lbs doing low-sugar, low-carb and excited about the new WW plan!

See my blog at Carbzilla.

I have to add my two cents in...

My friend mentioned these to me and I told her that there was no way that they were worth it because they were so tiny compared to the normal sized cup cakes. But, I did try them and I am very satisfied after having one package of them. I make at least 3 bites, if not 4, out of each cupcake and it make it last. I bought one box (6 count) and was very good to make them last for 2 weeks. I use them as a treat. If I make WW muffins at home, they are usually 2 pts for one muffin. I just feel that I am getting a better deal on my pts with the small ones and I love the chocolate and cream center!

In my stores, they are located with the other Hostess products.

Lori :bcb_march

weight.png