Health Discovery Network
G.R.I.T.S.

Peanut Wonder peanut butter!

Has anyone tried this? I purchased it yesterday at Publix outside of Atlanta. It is a little pricey (a little over $5 per jar), but with only 100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per serving it is worth celebrating! I think it is delicious!

newpic.gif

Regular Creamy Serving Size:2 Tbsp. (32g)Servings:About 14Calories:100Fat Calories:20Total Fat:2.5g - 4% DV*Sat. Fat:0gCholesterol:0gSodium:190mg - 8% DV*Total Carb.:13g - 4% DV*Fiber:0gSugars:2gProtein:4gVitamin A:0%Vitamin C:8%Calcium:4%Iron:2%

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

from the "Conclusion" to Walden

I will have to go to Publix soon and look for that. I don't like to spend a lot of points on peanut butter so I don't eat it very often. Thanks.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I like it - but I don't love it like I love the real stuff. It satisfy's my pb cravings though for less than half the points. I usually eat it on a rice cake with sugar free smuckers fruit spread which is pretty good for a low-point snack.

Cindy

I live in Central PA wonder if I can get it here??? Where did you buy it?

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

"Peanut Wonder" is also sold as "Better Than Peanut Butter". I found it at Trader Joes and a locally owned health food store.

Cindy

Guest jerseymama

I tried it at my sister in laws when I was visiting ther for Easter vacation. I made sandwiches for my kids and they didn't notice anything different at all. They loved it. I tasted it and thought it is delicious and tastes better than Jif. I know she probably got it at Publix. I have looked for it everywhere up here and cannot find it. I will have to look for it under the other name maybe. I know there are Trader Joe's but they are kind of far. I think it tastes great and so do my kids.

Guest jerseymama

Thanks for your tip. I did find it at whole Foods under the Better than Peanut Butter name. It does taste different than regular peanut butter and has a lighter whipped like texture. It is a great alternative considering it only has 2.5 grams of fat per serving. It is made of peanuts so it is peanutty tasting.

I picked up the BTPB one at Trader Joes this morning - tried it and loved it! I always bought Jiff for my daughter but I think she will be happy with this. To me it actually tastes better than peanut butter - more of that roasted kind of flavor. Thanks BCB's - I never would have tried it without your heads up!

Kim :)

SW 171.5

Re-start weight: 159.5

CW 146

GW 135

"I am not only challenging myself, I am challenged by myself" -- Chef Mario Batali during the filming of an Iron Chef battle