Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Luckysmom

Canyon River Soups

I don't know if any of you Buddies have tried these -- they are described as homemade soups that Weis Markets has started featuring the salad bar area. I just had the most delicious soup ever; Chicken and Corn chowder, and I'm wondering how many points it was! I had a small bowl of it, which after eating, I used a measuring cup and figured I ate 1.5 cups of soup (the small cup actually holds 2 full measuring cups, for anyone who fills to the brim!). There were tons of veggies in the soup, and a little oil around the edge. Any ideas? I emailed Weis and am waiting to hear back about the soup's nutritional content, which I think they should display at the salad bar but why should they listen to me? I'm only in there every day doing my last minute food shopping!! LOL

Thanks, B

Personal Goal Weight: 130

The Weis I go to has empty tubs above where the soups are at the salad bar. The nutrition info for the vegetarian chili and the regular Canyon River Chili are printed on them. I don't recall what the points were, but I'm pretty sure the vegetarian chili was 2 per cup. Maybe you could see if your store has them.

Judith 175/126/118 ww1982

EEEEK. I just received all the nutritional information from the company and that delicous Chicken and Corn soup that I wolfed down came to a whopping 6 points! I guess that's okay if you skip breakfast and have a big salad with your soup but it sure is a lot to spend on soup. But it was very yummy ....

Anyone interestd in having me post all the soup points for the Canyon River brand at Weis, let me know. I have 'em!

Personal Goal Weight: 130