Health Discovery Network
PinkGlttr

Core Pancakes, 3pts for Flex program

I made this earlier today for lunch. I only made one to test it, but to be a full meal, would make 2 batches.

1/4 cup cottage cheese

1/4 cup oatmeal (I used instant, but I don't think it matters)

2 egg whites

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

bit of cinnamon (personal preference)

dash of baking powder

I put it in my blender and whipped it up.** Then, put it in a hot skillet, let it set, then flipped it to brown the other side. Afterwards, I drizzled it with a little honey (points count for that), as I didn't have any natural maple syrup to put on it.

It was a pretty good pancake alternative :bcb_up

**I understand there is controversy over blending and baking ingredients, especially oatmeal to make it a powder, on the Core program. It was necessary in this recipe. You have to decide for yourself what you consider Core on these things.

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

Guest Lewis89

I've made this a lot for breakfast as it gives a nice amount of protein with the whole grain. I usually heat up some natural applesauce with a pinch of salt, some pumpkin pie spice and some splenda. I serve this instead of a "syrup". I love it! I also get a fruit in with my breakfast!

When I make it with cottage cheese, I only blend the cheese, not the oats. I use quick oats and don't usually blend that because I like the texture and taste of the oats.

You can make this pancake recipie with out blending if, you want. Use ff yogurt instead of the cottage cheese. It works just as well.

I let the batter "stand" for about 5 min. or so before I cook it to let the oats soak a bit.

I use whole eggs for a bit of fat so it sticks with me better!

I also add a pinch of salt and some splenda with the recipe.

It's very good. I eat this at least once a week for breakfast.

I made these while on flex and I really love them!

I blend the oats and the cottage cheese as I like my smoother.

Guest hopeann

I love pancakes. Is there anything you can top them with that isn't high in points or is totally core? I'm sitting here eating them dry, but hey- i'm not complaining. (My first core week, I had shaky hands and ate too many boiled eggs, so this site and the recipes is totally saving me!):bcb_smile

Guest Kira Dear

I just made these..yummy! I sliced up an apple really thin, put some cinnamon and splenda on it, and microwaved that for about 3 minutes. I put the apples on top of the pancakes with a bit of SF syrup. Sooo goood!

Hopeann,

The sugar free syrup I like best is Ms. Butterworth's. It is only 35 calories (less than 1/2 point) for 1/4 cup. And 1/4 cup is a lot of syrup!

Another good topping is a little yogurt with some cinnamon and sweetner added, or fruit and a bit of sweetner.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I made this earlier today for lunch. I only made one to test it, but to be a full meal, would make 2 batches.

1/4 cup cottage cheese

1/4 cup oatmeal (I used instant, but I don't think it matters)

2 egg whites

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

bit of cinnamon (personal preference)

dash of baking powder

I put it in my blender and whipped it up.** Then, put it in a hot skillet, let it set, then flipped it to brown the other side. Afterwards, I drizzled it with a little honey (points count for that), as I didn't have any natural maple syrup to put on it.

It was a pretty good pancake alternative :bcb_up

**I understand there is controversy over blending and baking ingredients, especially oatmeal to make it a powder, on the Core program. It was necessary in this recipe. You have to decide for yourself what you consider Core on these things.

How many does this make and what is a serving? (flex here but these look pretty good esp if you throw in a few banana slices or blueberries)

I have these every morning for breakfast on Core. They are so satisfying that they hold me from 6:30 AM till about 1:30-2 PM. I use 1/2 cup oatmeal and I do blend everything. Makes it more like a pancake batter. I also add 1/2 cup of frozen wild blueberries, YUM!

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!