Health Discovery Network
Bethibabee

"Dorito" popcorn??

I love the flavor of Doritos..anyone have a recipe for a spice mixture that I could sprinkle on Popcorn?

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

I don't have a recipe, but I've been contemplating placing an order with this company. Several of their flavors sound really good, and I've heard good reviews. They have a nacho cheese flavor: http://www.kernelseasons.com/shop_product_detail.php?pid=8&action=1

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

They had samples of these at Blockbuster Video for $0.99. I didn't get one but I might next time I go, they sound good :)

Molly McButter used to have a Nacho Cheese flavor. I wonder if they still do. That might work.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest PheobeEmil

I saw the Kernel Seasons at Meijer last night. I didn't buy any, but looked at it. It was much cheaper than the $3.99 web price. I can't remember the price, but I wouldn't have even picked it up to look at if it was 3.99.

I have ordered these from the website, and they are worth the cost! Barbeque is my favorite, but I have used the seasonings on vegetables as well.

FREEDOM'S just another word for NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

I use Old Bay Seasoning (for chicken & fish)... It gives a nice kick to the popcorn

Tanya

Starting fresh every day

I spray my hot air popped popcorn with a little Mazola olive oil spray and sprinkle on some taco seasoning & mix. It coats even better if you shake it up in a brown paper bag.

This doesn't have "Dorito" flavor but the taco flavor is delish!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Ive tried all the popcorn flavorings too...The only one I like is white cheddar. Old bay sounds good as well as the taco...I'll have to try that too. thanks!

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

I love the flavor of Doritos..anyone have a recipe for a spice mixture that I could sprinkle on Popcorn?
****, Woman!! I thought you were going to *provide* a recipe instead of asking for one!!! I saw the subject line and my mouth started watering like Pavlov's dogs!!!

"If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?"

My pics

Guest Starrbrite

Old Bay Seasoning sounds good.

I use the mix for ranch salad dressings and Italian salad dressings. Both are good on popcorn.

Kernal Seasonings are good, but expensive.

Kroger has a cheese flavoring similar to its butter flavoring, as does Molly McButter or a brand similar to McButter.

****, Woman!! I thought you were going to *provide* a recipe instead of asking for one!!! I saw the subject line and my mouth started watering like Pavlov's dogs!!!

Sad but true...lol If anyone comes up with the concoction feel free to share!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I don't have a recipe, but I've been contemplating placing an order with this company. Several of their flavors sound really good, and I've heard good reviews. They have a nacho cheese flavor: http://www.kernelseasons.com/shop_product_detail.php?pid=8&action=1

I love love love love love Kernel Seasons.. some ppl don't but I am in love w/ them.

The parmesean garlic is my fav with white cheddar the 2nd runner up!

More grocery stores are starting to stock a few of the flavors. I got mine at either walmart or albertsons.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... I just had popcorn (airpopped) with the white cheddar.

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

I think I may have figured it out. Of course, it lacks that satisfying crunch you get with Doritos, but I just ate a bag sprinkled with this mixture and I still have that "Doritos" taste in my mouth... :)

1 1/2 Tablespoons Molly McButter Cheese Sprinkles (or other cheese powder)

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 teaspoons salt

Mix and serve over natural flavor popcorn. Mixture is enough for one bag of popcorn.

What do you think?

Popcorn Nachosprint_logo.gifSubmitted by: Sara

Rated: 4 out of 5 by 16 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Ready In: 15 Minutes

Yields: 16 servings

"Mexican-style spices and shredded Cheddar cheese are lively additions to plain popcorn."

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter, melted ( use evoo instead)

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon paprika

1 gallon popped popcorn

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar

cheese (change to ff)

DIRECTIONS:

1.In a small bowl, mix together butter, crushed red pepper, cumin and paprika.2.Place popcorn in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the butter mixture and Cheddar cheese. Toss until well mixed.

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

I found some of this last week at a Family Video Movie Store in the Nacho Cheese flavor it is pretty tasty.

~*~Kambi~*~

SW 240 (3/16/11)

CW 237.5 (3/18/11)

I think I can, I think I can

:bcb_march

Guest littlelemons
1 1/2 Tablespoons Molly McButter Cheese Sprinkles (or other cheese powder)

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 teaspoons salt

Mix and serve over natural flavor popcorn. Mixture is enough for one bag of popcorn.

What do you think?

do you think switching the cheese to the hidden valley ranch flavoring would make a cool ranch taste?

funny you should ask....I just did that last week. I used a packet of the ranch dry dip/dressing seasoning...it was awesome!

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!