Health Discovery Network
angelam_75

Denise Austin Fit Forever

You can't "spot reduce." You don't control where your body loses or gains fat.

But I guess that doesn't keep so-called fitness "experts" like Denise Austin from making that kind of claim in their marketing materials. As far as I know you can still say pretty much anything you want when trying to sell fitness stuff.

I would be turned off by such claims and would not be interested in buying the workout or any other workout by that instructor.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

OK - I haven't seen her ad or pop-up, but I went to her website. I didn't see anything there about spot reducing. What I saw was that she has exercises that target different areas of the body. While you can't spot reduce, you can choose which muscles to tone. Maybe that's what it's referring to.

Just giving a great fitness professional the benefit of a doubt! :salut

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Nancy is right and DA is one of my least favortie instructors. There are many fish in instructor sea!:bcb_bigsm

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Hey Heidi! Maybe I misunderstood the ad! I don't want to say something bad about a program if I don't know what I 'm talking about! yikes!!!

Here is the part that made me think "spot reduce" (I don't think I saw this on the website, but it was on the pop up)

"My newest body-slimming program zeros in on your trouble spots and helps you start to shrink your fat zones in 6 weeks!"

~~Angela

5'2"

Highest Weight-176

CW 154 :bcb_cry:

GW 130

www.picturetrail.com/angelam_75

She's also my least favorite instructor - I have a few of her workouts and I think the music is added AFTER their taping because they always seem to be off-beat. Plus her chattering - annoys me more than Leslie's!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4