Health Discovery Network
soneal

Ground Flax seed?

I am wanting to add some ground flax seed to my diet, for the extra fiber and it is good for me. I have never seen this, where can I find it? I have a Walmart, and a Healthy Life Market(they carry some things not much) and Kroger that is about it. Do any of these stores carry it you think? What food do you put it in besides yogurt? Also how many points is it?

weight.png

It can be bought almost everywhere now, most of the time I find it in seed form and I just put it in my magic bullet and make my own ground flax. It also saves $ grinding it yourself. The calories and stuff should be on the pkg. So you can use your W.W. slider to figure out the pt value. If you use whole seeds they are good on salads or if ground you can put it into almost any dish you want a little nutty flavor, soups, salads, main dishes, oatmeal,etc. Hope this helps a little.:bcb_bigsm

Till later....

t-253459449.jpgBut So Worth It!

Visit my site for motivation and friends that use W.W. to be the Biggest Loser!

http://fitsisters.spaces.live.com

s.w.=260lbs

rejoined W.W. 6/26/07 190.5 lb

c.w.=185 lbs

g.w.=130 lbs

oh I forgot, if you keep it in the fridge it helps keep it fresh.

Till later...

t-253459449.jpgBut So Worth It!

Visit my site for motivation and friends that use W.W. to be the Biggest Loser!

http://fitsisters.spaces.live.com

s.w.=260lbs

rejoined W.W. 6/26/07 190.5 lb

c.w.=185 lbs

g.w.=130 lbs

I find it in the refrigerated section of the "health food" store. It's a bulk item, but usually they will have NI in the store somewhere or you can look it up on calorieking.com or some such.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I get mine either at the health food store in the bulk bins or at the grocery store in what I call the "unusual grains" section, which can be by the baking items, cereal or diet/health food sections. The grocery stores here carry Bob's Red Mill, but you can also order it online from them. I bake a lot with it to sneak some fiber and Omega-3s in on DH and the kids, lots of healthified muffins and cookies.

Thank you, I am out to find some.

It can be bought almost everywhere now, most of the time I find it in seed form and I just put it in my magic bullet and make my own ground flax. It also saves $ grinding it yourself. The calories and stuff should be on the pkg. So you can use your W.W. slider to figure out the pt value. If you use whole seeds they are good on salads or if ground you can put it into almost any dish you want a little nutty flavor, soups, salads, main dishes, oatmeal,etc. Hope this helps a little.:bcb_bigsm

Till later....

weight.png

I get mine at the health food store in the bulk foods...but I grind it up myself in the food processor.

I loooove it on salads (ground)....I use it in place of all the other bad stuff I could put on it like bacon bits, etc....and I think it tastes great!

SW 156

CW 146

GW 125

I did it! I ran the ING Miami 1/2 Marathon - Jan 25, 2009!

To Support the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America - and My 4 year old Daughter and Hero!

See my Team Challenge Page here

http://www.active.com/donate/MI09national/08KBender

I found some at Kroger, I have been putting it in my yogurt along with a little grape nuts, I love the crunch. That is a good idea putting it on your salad, Ill have to try that. It really does taste good, and it is good for you too what a plus.

I get mine at the health food store in the bulk foods...but I grind it up myself in the food processor.

I loooove it on salads (ground)....I use it in place of all the other bad stuff I could put on it like bacon bits, etc....and I think it tastes great!

weight.png

Walmart sells peanut butter w/ flax seeds in it.. I really like it.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow, never heard of that. I bought me some of the PB2 today, got lucky and found it at a health food resteraunt. I can't wait to try it.

Walmart sells peanut butter w/ flax seeds in it.. I really like it.

weight.png

What is PB2?

I grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. I haven't had difficulty finding them.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

powdered peanut butter, you mix with water.1 pt. for 2 tbls.

What is PB2?

I grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. I haven't had difficulty finding them.

weight.png

Just a quick note. Ground seeds are better nutritionally as long as they're fresh ground. I salute :salutthose of you who grind as you go!! I keep my seeds (flours too) in the freezer. They stay fresh longer. Nothing will put you off seeds or such as rancid or buggy batch.