Health Discovery Network
Heidi1962

FIRMIES Check In ~ Week of May 20th

Well last week started out with a bang and then whammo....head cold so that was it for me. I just started feeling human again yesterday. Thanks to you all for the warm welcome last week; this week I hope to be more participatory.

Sunday - 45 min. walk Done

Monday - 45 min. walk Done

Tuesday - Supercharged Sculpting

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Supercharged Sculpting

Friday - 45 min. walk

Saturday - Aerobic Body Shaping

Now I know you all will understand this but I couldn't help but remark to DH how weird it was to feel "mad" that I was too sick to work out. Man alive, 10 years ago he couldn't get me out of the house to take a 20 min. walk and now...well that's a huge lifestyle change for this girl :)

Pam

Highest weight 205

Goal Weight - 155

Achieved Lifetime 08/25/2007

Current Weight - 160 (November 2010)

Heidi, thanks for getting us started. Let me know what you think of Kim's new workout.
OOH!! Loved it, loved it, loved it! Pure cardio - no weights involved and FUN! icon_newbanana.gifWay less cheesy than Cardio Dance Slimdown! I do have one complaint, though. When she asks, "Do you feel sexy?" I thought, "H*** NO!! I'm sweating like a hooker in church!" :bcb_grin

There were a few moves that I couldn't quite get down, but a couple of more times and I'll be like a pro! And burned 468 calories, too!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Hey ladies , I just wanted to know if any of you ladies just do the FIRM and no other exercises, I have the transfirmer and when I do this workout I hurt for a day or two , I thought maybe I should just do them 4 times a week and nothing else for now, I haven't worked out for years and I really want to start doing it full time but I just wondered if I just did the FIRM would that give me the exercise and weight training I need. Any help will be great !!

Heidi - Come on down to Charlotte , race weekend gets crazy here, make sure you check out the new Northlake Mall !!! Welcome

Stacey

Stacey :p

SW 191 3/09 CW 189 GW 140 PGW 135

" That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember " :strong:

No, I do tons of things but The Firm alone can give you the body you want. I just like to try lots of things, I have no doubts about the Firm's efficacy. Just start slow the first few weeks. But don't be afraid to use heavier weights as you get stronger.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I pretty much do only the Firm 5x per week, then on Saturday I usually walk 3 miles. Once in a while I substiture a Cathe tape for a Firm if I feel like mixing it up.

Louise

Need your opinions:

With summer fast approaching, I'm soon going to lose my windows of "alone time," which currently is M/W/F during my daughter's morning preschool. I will continue to get up early w/DH to feed him a healthy breakfast and share "couple time," before the kiddos get up, and then I hope to have a window from 6:30-7:30 or so, before said children awake (although lately they've been trumping me and getting up at 6:30!!!)

So, my plan is to do the FIRM 2x a week during that morning window. BUT, I still want to be able to ride my bike and/or walk OUTSIDE a few times a week, too, when weather permits. I figure I can either:

a) Get up WAY early (like 5am - it IS light out now) so I can be done by breakfast time (6am). This does have the advantage of being first thing in the day, BUT means I lose more sleep. Or, option:

b) Do my bike rides in the evening, either right before, or after, supper (well, the family's supper that is). This will be harder to implement, I'm sure, partially out of guilt (I hate to leave the fam. for a solo ride), and partially due to logistics (harder to extricate myself). Now, I'm only talking a 30-45 minute ride here....but still. At time, I'm sure we can all go together as well, but it isn't exactly a fitness ride for me.

So, what would YOU do? Of course, I may end up trying both and see which works best....

- Jennifer

ACE-certified Personal Trainer

& WW Lifetime Member

weight.png

Need your opinions:

BUT, I still want to be able to ride my bike and/or walk OUTSIDE a few times a week, too, when weather permits. I figure I can either:

b) Do my bike rides in the evening, either right before, or after, supper (well, the family's supper that is). This will be harder to implement, I'm sure, partially out of guilt (I hate to leave the fam. for a solo ride), and partially due to logistics (harder to extricate myself). Now, I'm only talking a 30-45 minute ride here....but still. At time, I'm sure we can all go together as well, but it isn't exactly a fitness ride for me.

So, what would YOU do? Of course, I may end up trying both and see which works best....

- Jennifer

You have one child? Have you considered a bike trailer? Take her with you. My dd and I had a blast with her riding in a trailer. She was also my personal trainer ("faster, Mommy, faster!"). If she's a little older, you could consider a trail-a-bike 3rd wheel, which turns your bike into a sort of parent-child tandem. This will last longer before it's outgrown and if the child chooses, their pedaling does contribute to moving the bike. I have an Adams trail-a-bike for sale and there are several on eBay or you could get one from your bike shop. We only had problems with dd when we went on longer rides. 30-45 min. should be OK.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I think nancyny gave you some great ideas. We used to have a bike trailer and a jogger and they both got a lot of use. That might be something to try.

Personally I'd resist the temptation to wait until after dinner - I've tried that before and I often I just couldn't do it because of what was happening with the family that night, or I was tired, etc.

I do my walking (or sometimes bike riding) on Saturday and Sunday mornings when hubby is home - the rest of the week = Firming. :bcb_smile

Louise

Hi, Nancy,

I actually have two children. My daughter, who is 5, often does accompany me in her trail-a-bike (it's an Adams, too). But the route I take for my fitness rides is a little dicey for bringing her along (some busy roads), and completely out of the question for my 7-year-old to ride in the road with me.

So, yes, we often do family bike rides together, but only on the safe and level Canal towpath, which isn't much of a workout for me. So, I would still like to do 2 solo rides a week, so I can really get my heart rate up, know what I mean?

And you are right about the "faster, faster, Mommy!" part! I get that a lot, too!

- Jennifer

ACE-certified Personal Trainer

& WW Lifetime Member

weight.png

I did Bootcamp tonight. Let me just say as I'm sitting her typing, my entire body hurts. Sitting hurts, standing hurts. Good Lord, what will I feel like in the morning? It felt good to make it through the whole tape, but the steps are a little tricky. I'm glad I picked it up though.

Ronesshia

Surprise Yourself!

I was disloyal to the Firm today and did Cathe's High Step Circuit. Wow, what a great workout!! :bcb_smile

I'm hearing a lot about this Bootcamp here and on the Ya Ya board. I might just get some new Firm tapes as a reward when I lose more weight.

Louise

Good evening buddies,

I finally exercised, so I get to post a plan. I know, a bit backwards.

Sun. gardening and attic/garage cleanout (yes, breaking down boxes and breaking up large pieces of foam is activity and it did take over half an hour)

Mon. rest/band

Tue. rest/church potluck & tour

Wed. swim 2 hr. 3300 yd. done

Thur. FIRM BootCamp (new workout for me)

Fri. swim 1-1/2 hr. 2500 yd. done

Sat. fitness center or FIRM

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

Hey guys where did you get your FIRM BOOTCAMP??

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Lesa - I saw it at both Walmart and Target! I ordered it on-line from Amazon.

Louise - you're allowed to be "disloyal" to the FIRM once in awhile. We won't kick you out of the cult! :bcb_grin One you're a programmed "FIRMie", you don't wander too far!! (We all mix in other workouts, too!).

Glad to see so many newbies joining us!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Lesa, I actually got it at Barns & Noble!

~ Nina

323.8/220.2/154

SW / CW / GW

Click To View My Web Site

I'm a FIRM Believer

103.6lbs down, 46.4lbs to go!

I got mine from Wegman's (regional grocery chain) of all places.

I am often "disloyal" to the FIRM. Almost all of the FIRM "Cardio" type workouts are off limits for me because I can't do step aerobics on cardio days. I need to rest my knees. So it's floor aerobics by other instructors, swimming, walking, and bicycling for me.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

Glad to hear that I won't be kicked out of the cult!

Today I was loyal and did Prime Power Fat Burning. Love the upper body work in that one, however it has a huge cheese factor! Do I hear parrots in the background? :bcb_grin

Louise

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

I don't know when I will be back.. my father is extremely ill.. and may not make it through this time :( w/o is postponed until we return.

~ Nina

323.8/220.2/154

SW / CW / GW

Click To View My Web Site

I'm a FIRM Believer

103.6lbs down, 46.4lbs to go!

Nina~ I am sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep your family in my prayers.

SENDING MY LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Nina - I'm sorry about your dad. I'll pray for your entire family.

Yesterday I did Calorie Killer for the first time. Whoa.. I followed Alicia but it still whipped me. Gotta put that one in my rotation again soon!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! :bcb_smile

Louise

{{{Nina}}} I'm so sorry. Sending cyber hugs and prayers your way.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Nina, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You may not be able to do your normal workouts, but activity does relieve stress, even walking. Take care of yourself during this tough time. I'm sending prayers your way too. Hugs!

Today I weeded gardens for several hours, and then changed the mower belt on my lawn tractor. I swear that mower deck weighs over 50 pounds. No "workout" but I'm sure tired and I feel I've worked my whole body!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!