Health Discovery Network
Julia123

Should I Still Exercise w/ These Aching Muscles??

I really hit my workouts hard this week...four days in a row of intense squats, lunges, kickboxing, step class, etc. My butt and inner thighs were so sore, I skipped last night's workout and went for a walk instead. Tonight, though, I really want to go to class (step)...but my muscles feel just as stiff and sore. Should I sit it out or go through with it? Seems like I read somewhere that your leg muscles were strong and could be "worked out" every day. And it's not like I'm new to exercising, I've been exercising regularly for a couple of years, just decided to kick it up a notch.

Would love to get some advice. Want to work out but don't want to injure myself!

I think if you want to go, it's a sign that you are OK. Going for a walk last night was good, stretching without stressing. I would maybe not kick it up a notch today, and perhaps take an anti-inflammatory medicine in advance.

HTH. Let us know what you do and how it goes!

Latebloomer