Health Discovery Network
zoeschild

Does anyone grow callas?

Any idea why mine (grown from the bulb) are gorgeous and green but not blooming? I planted them MONTHS ago. :bcb_worry They're in containers in case in matters, and I've fertilized them. The only thing I can think of is that they're in pots in gardening soil instead of potting because it was all I had. Could that be it? Can I move change out the soil without making them mad?

Height: 5'1"

Began WW: Sept 2, 2004

Recommit: 5/15/2007 :bcb_march

Initial SW in 2004: 149.1

SW in 2007: 158

Current Weight: 154

WWGW: 120

PG: 105

1st Mini Goal: 142 (10%)

I don't know much about bulbs or flowers, but every time we plant rhizomes or bulbs, it takes about 1-1/2 years to get any blossoms. We moved irises and orange lilies in September of 2005 that are only now blossoming for the first time.

i was going to ask about callas myself. i bought some bulbs for the first time, and pots and dirt and all that, stupidly forgetting that i would be moving soon and reallly wouldnt have time to deal with it till i did. now the bulbs are sitting there, not planted, and i was wondering if it would be OK to wait till May, after i move, to plant them.

also, i was doing this as an experiment to see if i could plant my own wedding flowers, but if sometimes they take a year or more to bloom, i think i will have to forget that idea!!!

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

I couldn't figure out what you were talking about! The only callas I could think of was Maria Callas! :bcb_grin

Tish

Onward and Downward

Do you know where I could find some white callas? I've only seen bulbs for yellows and mixed colors available and I'd really like to get some white ones. They're such a beautiful flower.

HW:235

SW: 197.5

CW: 193.0

GW: 140

~*Amy*~

weight.png