Health Discovery Network
pennymca13

Asparagus Salad: Tried! YUM!

Originally posted by "Nautilus" on the WW Core Board.

2 1/4 pounds asparagus

1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half

1 medium vidalia onion, chopped

1 cup roasted red pepper, chopped

Sauce:

2 Tbsp Basamic Vinegar

2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

2 tsp italian dressing mix (from packet)

Mix the sauce in a bowl.

Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and cooked until tender-crisp then shocked in ice water. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Stir well.

YUM!

Everyone loved the salad.

Penny McA

SW--172

CW--Let's just not go there, yet. (less than above, though)

GW--TBD

Made this tonight and YUMMY! Even DH had seconds and he usually complains. On the summer list!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

I just got done making this dish, so that I can eat it through out the week. It looks like a gourmet deli salad and took ony about a 1/2 hour to make. Of course I had to taste it, and it is superb!!

Dave

MO Platoon Member #1313

Take 1 - 05.19.07 (lost totalof 42 lbs)

Take 2 - 03.20.10

PGW: 180

weight.png

My wife is on the Flex Plan and she was wondering if anyone knows how many points this recipe is for those doing the Flex Plan.

Dave

MO Platoon Member #1313

Take 1 - 05.19.07 (lost totalof 42 lbs)

Take 2 - 03.20.10

PGW: 180

weight.png

I made this last night and I give it an A+++++++! I had it "plain" last night and over a spring mix lettuce for lunch today. Must stop and get another red pepper so I can make more for the rest of the week! So good!

As far as points, I think you only need to figure out how many points the dressing is because the veggies are "free"

Nancy

SW: 205

CW: 205 :bcb_mad2

WWGW: 135

PGW: 120

Goals:

Main goal: GW by my 30th b-day

End of summer semester goal: 180s

End of July goal: 190s

Starting over once again! I can and I WILL do this!:kickbutt:

I made this for my get-together yesterday. Everyone loved it. There's just enough left over for dinner tonight with some salmon!

Thanks for the recipe, Penny!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Can we eat as much as we want of this?

G

There's 6 tsp of olive oil in there total, so I wouldn't eat more than 1/6 of it, if you could eat that much without already attaining "satisfaction"!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

This recepe looks so good but I just have one question? I can't find balsamic vinegar on the core accepted ingredients. I am switching from flex to core this week. Thank you. Rose

This recepe looks so good but I just have one question? I can't find balsamic vinegar on the core accepted ingredients. I am switching from flex to core this week. Thank you. Rose

From the Core Master List;

Progresso

Balsamic vinegar

Garlic flavored vinegar

Red wine flavored distilled vinegar

Red wine vinegar

White wine vinegar

Regina

Balsamic vinegar

Red wine vinegar

Red wine vinegar with garlic

White wine vinegar

White wine vinegar with tarragon

Make the salad and enjoy! :bcb_smile

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Thank you - just saw vinegar on the list not all the different kinds. Can't wait to try it. Rose

OK, this stuff seriously ROCKS! I halved the batch, as DH won't eat it, and I didn't want to waste a bunch of perfectly good asparagus if I didn't like it. Well, if I didn't just eat half of what I made for lunch. OMG, it is DIVINE!

Perfect, perfect, perfect BBQ salad!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Made this for our family barbeque...DEElicious.

I didn't have 2 1/4 pounds of asparagus, so I added a small dice cuke.

Also, I roasted my asparagus (2" pieces, diagonal cut) for about 15 minutes, and it was wonderful.

This is a definite "keeper"!

(I'm still thinking about it today! :bcb_grin) Went great with the grilled steak and long-grain brown rice. :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I am bumping this up since I just made it for dinner for a family dinner tomorrow night and it is a great recipe. Asparagus season is coming!! It is my favorite veggie.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

There are so many variations of this. Just made a half a batch with fat free feta, no roasted peppers. Next time I want to try a different vinegar.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

i made this again and I just love it. I didn't have roasted peppers so eliminated them but added some FF feta.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

One time that I made this I didn't have roasted peppers so I subbed some green olives stuffed with pimientos. Very good!! It is a great salad. Thanks for bumping it up and reminding me of it!!

Sailorwoman

Oh wow this looks so good, I have ff fets and green olives, that looks good with those subs.