Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
sofffy

Help!

Hello buddies! I posted this on the NEW MOTHERS thread and thought I could have help here also!:salut

Well, I started WW one week after giving birth. The first week, I lost 3.8. The second, 3.2. The third, 0.6... This week, it seems that I haven't moved. On my scale, I even weigh more!:bcb_down I don't understand... I am going to my meeting tonight, I will see what the real deal is. I am journaling, drinking the water...

I am eating 32 points a day (I am breastfeeding). I started walking 3-4 times a week but don't count the AP points. I don't use all the 35 points, sometimes none.

When I did WW two years ago, I ate 20 points a day and lost every week. Now that I am 20 pounds heavier, the weight has a hard time to go away. WHY???

*Am I eating too much? Should I drop the number of points? What will happen if I eat less? (27 for example)

* Should I eat the 35 points? I feel that it will be too much and that I will gain.

* My period started again today. Could that be the problem?

I don't want to get discouraged but I really want to drop the pounds and wear my clothes. I maintained at 145 for many years. I don't understand why my body doesn't want to go back to that weight fast...

Thanks for helping me!

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

In a normal wt loss program sometimes you lose. sometimes you gain and sometimes you remain the same, but eventually if you make it your permanent lifestyle- you will end up at goal.

ww is target plus activity pts plus weekly pts allowance, following the 8 healthy guidelines and journallin- it is NOT eating only target.

If you are following the program you are experimenting with ALL your points. How do you know how they affect you if you do not even try.

for activity even if you ate every single ap you are burning more than you are eating as an average ap is 100 cal and an average food pt is 50-70 cal. It revs up your metabolism to do so.

eat up and enjoy the journey and if truth be told- what you weigh in a particular week- does not really matter.

Good Luck

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

It's critical to separate out healthy weight gain/loss due to pregnancy versus weight gain/loss due to fat. Even if you were not on WW, it would be normal to lose 2 or 3 pounds a week for the first few weeks after giving birth.

On average, weight gain during pregnancy is about 8 pounds baby, 2 pounds amniotic fluid, 1.5-2 pounds placenta, 1.5-2 pounds breast tissue, 3 pounds blood volume, 2-2.5 pounds uterine muscle, 4 pounds water, 8 pounds "maternal stores."

In other words, your initial weight drop of 3+ pounds during the second and third week after giving birth were, to a large degree, normal post-pregnancy losses and should not be taken as an average of what you can expect on WW.

It is important to have realistic expectations. WW says that people who follow the program lose, on average, between 1 and 2 pounds a week. People with lots of weight to lose sometimes lose more per week than people who are closer to goal. And MANY of us who stay on program lose (and are happy with) about half-a-pound a week.

Rather than focusing on getting back to your pre-pregancy weight "fast," allow your body the time it needs to heal, adjust, and lose. If you stick with the program, you will get there.

Kos

I'm with Kos - plus, since you are breastfeeding, you need those extra nutrients.

Why not try drinking whole milk instead of skim - eating real cheese instead of light, and eating more nuts for protein? Those minor adjustments will help you eat your points, but you won't be eating garbage, so your body will see it as healthy.

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

Guest FrenchB

Personnally I tried to lose when breastfeeding and it is very hard....if you don't eat enought....you might jeopardize your milk supply (in fact I personnally think that new mom should give themself 2 months just to get over the birth and take care of their baby and nurture themself!!!) Your body is trying to get over the lost of blood (it take 6 weeks if I remember well) and the trauma of childbirth.

When I am BF, my body is trying to keep as many pounds of fat on my ass as possible in case mister can kill an antilope this week!!! Some lose without even trying.

Eat right, take care of yourself, nurture yourself and you baby, weightloss will come in due time

Hang in there Sofffy & remember slow & steady wins the race. The gang has given you great advice here; just be patient. Studies show time and time again that weight that comes off slowly is more likely to stay off than fast fad weight loss.

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

I agree that it's smart to limit your weightloss when you're breastfeeding (WW say 1lb per week max), but I'm here to say that it WILL come off (and your body will look better by losing slowly in my opinion).

Also, I think that when we're breastfeeding, we have the tendency to "retain" a bit. I just saw a report on TV, and a nursing mother can produce either 1 or 2 gallons (can't remember which) of breastmilk per day!

Try to relax, you're doing a great job - just keep your focus on good nutrition. I know for me that CORE made WW nearly efforless and stress-free. Each week, I was suprised by my weight loss because I didn't feel like I was working hard enough at it like I had before the baby (when I lost 20 lbs on Flex).

Most importantly, Congratulations on your new baby, enjoy this exciting and fun time.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

Thank you all!

I went to a meeting tonight and am down 0.4... It's a loss! Not big but still a loss. I am down 8 pounds in a month. Not bad after all.

My leader said to continue using all my 32 points allowed a day but she recommended not to use the 35 bonus points. I am confused, should I use them or not?

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

I would experiment with them- beacause you are using your base minimum only- and you probably will do better if you do use them.

Good LUck and congrats on the loss

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy: