Health Discovery Network
Paris Madeleine

Inside Out Egg Rolls - Tried & True

Still haven't made this! I have a bag of broccoli slaw, a can of water chestnuts, and shrimp waiting at home for me. I can't wait!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

YUMMMM!! I just made this on Monday night. SO good! I served it with brown rice and chicken.

I used the plain slaw mix and water chestnuts. I used garlic, white pepper, asian seasoning (i think it is the Emeril kind)... and a splash of soy sauce before serving.

YUM :bcb_up :bcb_up

OH MY LORDY, THIS IS SO GOOD!

I used a bag of fresh cole slaw mix from the grocery store, canned water chestnuts, baby corn, bamboo shoots, straw mushrooms... and I used all the spices including the Chinese allspice (instead of regular allspice) and it tastes like it just came from a restaurant. Then I added pre-cooked shrimp... mmm!

It was super easy and quick to make!

This is a definite winner and will be a major repeat in my cooking!

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

Dud(ettes) the T-20s just took over this thread!

No, I still haven't made them! Soon!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Guest designsbybriana

Dh didn't like these. I liked them but they had to grow on me. I added shrimp, 2 tbsp of soy but I think what happened was I cooked the cabbage wayyy to long. I'd try it again and not cook the cabbage as long.

I loved this although I too think I cooked mine too long and I also added too much soy to it..mine was too salty but those things can be fixed...Love it!

Nicole

Time for a BUMP!

Made this tonight for myself and DP. Made so much, we'll have it with dinner tomorrow night. Added some lean beef, water chestnuts, and snow peas, and put it over brown rice. DP loved it so much, she's asked to have it at least once a week!

Next time, we'll have it with some WW fetticini, or angel hair, and have it like lomein.

Kate

I can do this...one pound at a time. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Could someone tell me what the size is of a normal bag of colesaw mix? I bought a huge bag today from Sam's and I want to make sure I get the measurements correct. Thanks! Really looking forward to trying this soon!

Could someone tell me what the size is of a normal bag of colesaw mix? I bought a huge bag today from Sam's and I want to make sure I get the measurements correct. Thanks! Really looking forward to trying this soon!
I don't know the exact portions, but it's about the same size as a bag of any other salad. Really, though, you could "eyeball" it, and add what you'd like! If you add more, you can really make it stretch!

Kate

I can do this...one pound at a time. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yummy! I made this for supper and it was so good. Can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow. I love chinese but don't have it very often now due to how unhealthy the things I normally get are. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I'll be making this a lot. I added chicken and green onions. I think next time, I'll have other veggies on hand to add in also. :)

I think I cooked mine to long also, it was more like when I make cabbage + noodles. I tried to keep an eye on it, maybe you don't let the cabbage cook down

The regular bag is 1 lb.

Rhonda

16_2_27.gif

Groovy Granny to 5 1/2

Human to 3 short hairy kids

WI~Meeting Thursday

Starting WT 272

Current WT 268.8

Thanks for bumping this up - it's a great recipe. I forgot about it!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I was hoping if I read ALL the way through this thread, that someone would say how many cups of cabbage. So 4 cups it is. Because I have half a head of cabbage in the fridge that I'd like to use for this. Sounds great!

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

Does anyone know if this freezes well?

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I've frozen it before.. changes the texture of hte cabbage a bit.. but I still like it :)

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Great! I may throw my last serving in the freezer for next week.

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I made it tonight for dinner tomorrow and I love it. I added water chestnuts, celery, onions and bean sprouts. I'm going to have it with bulgur. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

Again Thanks.................

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

When I first saw this, I thought "Eww! Cabbage AND ginger!", but it was still so good!!!

Another new old standby. :bcb_grin

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Last time I made this, I added about 4c of fresh bean sprouts to my other veggies and adjusted the seasonings.

Adding all the bean sprouts really gave me a lot of frozen dinners. I especially like the crunch that the bean sprouts give to the dish.

Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily 16_2_104.gif