Health Discovery Network
chargerchick

Newbie saying "hi"

Hello All!

I've actually not read many posts yet, but this seems like a good place to start connecting with people.

As many people do, I have a long history with WW. I joined after my son was born (he's 9 now) to drop my baby weight, and was very successful. I made lifetime 9 months after joining. I ended up moving from FL to TN right after I accomplished this goal. Over the next four years, I put on about 75 lbs! I weighed 6 lbs more than I did the day my baby was born! I've sinced moved back to FL, and, through various methods, have dropped about 55 lbs, but am really struggling. I've been going back and forth between different diets, and yo-yo'ing like mad. I would like to lose another 35 lbs, and have decided to go back to WW with my husband (who needs to lose quite a bit himself) and give it another go.

I need to look around the forum, but is there a journal section? I like the idea of being accountable to as many people as possible :bcb_up .

hw 238

lw 164

cw 189

1st goal: 10% = 171

Welcome ChargerChick!

You have come to the right place; IMO, WW is so much more sensible than other "diets" because it is something you can do for life. It's all about making healthy choices & making them habit. It takes time to do it right, so be patient. You are not the only repeat offender out there, so don't beat yourself up on that one. It's the past. Now is the present & you are in control! You can do this!

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

Wow! Your story sounds like mine. I had to restart too. But we learn from our mistakes!

Vanne is right, WW is the best way to go. Stick with it and in-no-time, you'll be a good, healthy weight.

WELCOME! And post often. Find a board that suits you and introduce yourself to that group. Post often and stay OP.

~Sandi~

~Sandi~ :salut

Thanks, Ladies, for the encouragement!!!

I've started counting points today, and plan to start meetings on Saturday. In the past, I would use the fact that I'm not starting until Saturday as an excuse to binge until then, but I know it's that kind of mentality that is making it difficult to reach my goals.

I've decided to do flex at first to get my portions under control, then switch to core when I'm comfortable.

hw 238

lw 164

cw 189

1st goal: 10% = 171

Welcome to BCB, chargerchick. There are no journals here on BCB, but you can find a site like that here. It's called extrapounds.com. Also, for more WW info and links, check out the sticky: Useful Websites and Links. Find a home board or two and post often for support! We're glad to have you.

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone