Health Discovery Network
justjan

How big?

Is there anywhere that I can look that spells out how big a 3 point potato is? Or a 1 point apple,orange ? etc?

If you have access to WWer materials or etools you can check there. If not, use calorieking.com. A 3-point potato is based on weight. So, you'll need a good food scale. As a visual, a 3-point cooked potato is about the size of a light bulb.

Generally a one-point apple or orange is a "small" piece of fruit. Again, if you can weigh them it's more accurate.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Yup weighing is the way to go. No pun intended.. I weigh everything you think thats a large apple charge yourself 2 pts. If you core it and weigh it you are like oh wow thats only 1 pt. I measure or weigh everything. You will be suprised how many strawberries you get if you weigh them versus using measuring cups. E-Tools is great becuase you can put in OZ or measurments or basic sizes. I always try to use weight when possible. Then measuing cups next.

Blake

MO Platoon Member #711

SW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 | GW -179.0 ##/##/## | LT - 10/06/07| CW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 - +0.0# | Current Loss - 0.0#

I figure potatoes at 1 pt. per 3 oz. uncooked. I think the food guide says 10 oz. is 3 Points. The only way to know, though, is to weigh them. A 6-oz. potato (2 pt.) is a good size for me.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie