Health Discovery Network
ginnyb

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad

3 C. fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces

3 C. fresh cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces

½ medium red onion, chopped

½ sweet yellow onion, chopped

3 Tbls. Hormel real bacon bits (in a glass jar or pouch)

¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

½ C. Miracle Whip Free

¼ C. Splenda

¼ C. apple cider vinegar

In large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bacon bits, and cheese.

In a small bowl, mix mayo, Splenda & vinegar until smooth. Pour over veggies and mix well. This is best after sitting in the refrigerator for a few hours.

1 cup = 1 point! This is CORE!!! (bacon bits are less than 1 pt./serving)

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

These are my favorite types of salads. I like to slightly blanch my broccolli and cauliflower in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Actually I buy the broccolli cauliflower mix, slice a hole in the bag add a few tablespoons of water and nuke it 2 minutes, directly in the bag. Less time if you like more crunch. Drain and chill. It brings out the green in the broccolli.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

Guest jamison

Made this last night to take for lunches this week with a wrap, and it is absolutely wonderful! I have been looking for something a little different, and this is great! The only thing I did different was only use the red onion....I thought two 1/2 onions would be a little strong!

No, I'm sure she means a bag of fresh. But fresh is too crispy and hard to use as is. So blanch it or nuke it just a bit. It's like coleslaw or cucumber salad. I always layer my cabbage or cukes in a colander with salt to soften it a bit before I use it..

Now the best broc/cali. salad I've ever had came from an Amish market. But no onion is used for that recipe. Just mayonnaise, broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and cheddar cheese and sugar. And the way they do it is to chop it up pretty good. I'm sure it stands for a few days to get to the soften texture.

When people say put in the fridge for a few hours, I think sometimes they mean a lot longer.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org